Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Powder Choice

Jeff686

I just got a new (to me) open gun (my first). I set out to buy a few different powders to work up a load.

Well, my choice of powder is now based on what I can find, not what I like. I drove all around town looking. No one has Longshot, SP2, VV-3N37, or VV-3N38.

I finally found a pound of 7625 on clearance at a chain store. It was their last pound, and they will not be restocking....

Really sucks!!!

Where do you guys get a reliable source of powder?

There is no source of SP2 in the United States.

VV powders aren't common in local shops. Local shops are gonna carry stuff that is more traditionals...old school.

Once you figure out what you will stick with, you will probably want to go mail order or pick up from vendors at big matches.

Let the folks here know what you gun is and they might guide you a bit.

bases on the shipping and hazmat fees it really only makes to mail order if you are ordering in bulk. Which does you no good cause you havent settled on a load yet. You'll have to hit the gun shows to find individual pounds. Once you figure out your load or you can get a group buy (not on here) together Powdervalleyinc is the place to go.

Alot of us have found the same thing it's a pain. THat has alot to do with why I use Hodgdon. Most powders were usually available.