Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A2 vs Vltor rifle Vs ACE rifle

steel1212

• 1 year later...
I want to put a vltor rifle stock on my gun instead of the 5 position vltor that is on there now and was wondering what kind of weight it would add vs a A2 and ace and the 5 position one I have now.

Well I used the search tool and found the exact question to my question!

...no one ever answered poor ole steel1212 back in 12/07...

After a year this could use a little friendly help...?

I want to put a vltor rifle stock on my gun instead of the 5 position vltor that is on there now and was wondering what kind of weight it would add vs a A2 and ace and the 5 position one I have now.

At this point, he could do this thread some good and answer his own question.

So?

Really I was wondering the weight differences when I found this thread. I was considering the Ace, the Magpul CTR....vs the A2 in weight.

I have an A2 stock on my new build and I'm new to AR's...the A2 feels long and heavy...my other rifle is an MP5 and I like the shorty feel. I know overall they will feel different and...I don't have much time on this gun at all...just thinking. :devil:

I had the Vltor fix stock for over 2 years and switch to a Vltor collapsible. as uscbigdawq said, the difference is small. however as you emntioned you notice a weight difference. it is not the weight but how it balances to your body. if you are hauling your rifle in a hoser stage and come up with a long distance shooting offhand, that balance matters (at least to me)

after i change to a collapsible stock, it did change how I feel it and balance the way i can set my sights. YMMV !

FYI I ended up with the VLTOR EMOD. A2 isn't adjustable and I run NTCH. I didn't like the cheek weld of the Ace stocks either. Funny what a year can make. Also like Rich said, weight really isn't a issue to much. Length....well that is another story.