Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rainier bullet recipe w/WSF

blast666

Hi all, new here, just wondering if anyone has any tested load data using .40 S&W 180gr. FP Rainier bullets and WSF(Winchester Super Field) Powder.  I am also loading 165gr. and have some data for those, but additional info would be helpful seeing as how I'm fairly new to reloading.

Dave

G22

5.7 grains for the 180 grain bullet and 6.2 for the 165 have been making major in both my Para and my friends STI Edge in Idaho , Oregon and Nevada but you may want to bump the 180 grain load a tenth since we have been making major by 1-7 fps at the major matches . In Idaho it makes major by quite a bit but during the summer its awful hot here so that probably adds some pressure . These loads have a little higher recoil pulse but with a 14 pound spring the slide cycles real fast and you dont get much muzzle rise . We have been loading our bullets out to 1.185 inches but you will have to see how long you can load yours before they wont chamber . If you are shooting these in a high cap. 1911 long loading is a must if you want it to feed reliably if its in a Glock load to 1.125 . Good Luck .