Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What was that round?

tomneal

It's been 8 or 9 years but I ran across a round that looked like a .45 ACP necked down to .223

It looked almost like you could swap the barrel out of a Government model and shoot a new round.

Am I remembering a dream or is there such a round?

Tom Neal

It's been 8 or 9 years but I ran across a round that looked like a .45 ACP necked down to .223

It looked almost like you could swap the barrel out of a Government model and shoot a new round.

Am I remembering a dream or is there such a round?

Tom Neal

Wow, there have been a zillion rounds necked down....bet Patrick Sweeny knows though...

Okay, working from memory here. Article in Guns and Ammo a long long time ago.....

There was a round experimented with after the North Hollywood Shootout that was a 45 ACP necked down onto a 240 teflon coated bullet called the 240 Boz. It was designed to give patrol officer's something that would penetrate body armor without having to carry a rifle. Don't recall if it ever went anywhere. I remember the article said that the round was law enforcement only due to the teflon/armor piercing qualities.

Wow, there have been a zillion rounds necked down....bet Patrick Sweeny knows though...

Yes,

but,

are any of them still around?

Not to worry, Huntington Die Specialties will make dies for whatever your pocket book can stand.... :lol:

Okay, working from memory here. Article in Guns and Ammo a long long time ago.....

There was a round experimented with after the North Hollywood Shootout that was a 45 ACP necked down onto a 240 teflon coated bullet called the 240 Boz. It was designed to give patrol officer's something that would penetrate body armor without having to carry a rifle. Don't recall if it ever went anywhere. I remember the article said that the round was law enforcement only due to the teflon/armor piercing qualities.

The 224 BOZ was a 223 bullet from a 10 mm case.

Google it - some interesting reading to say the least.

I know a guy who has made a couple of those pistols, 224 Boz. He told me it is a pain the the a$$ to size and make the brass to shoot, he would not do it again. But it is a cool looking little round.

Edited by HoMiE

The 224 BOZ was a 223 bullet from a 10 mm case.

Google it - some interesting reading to say the least.

224 "BOZ".........mmm gotta be a good round :rolleyes: BOZ1911

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...