Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Poodycat 1994-2007

George

Lost our beloved Poodycat last week after a bout with cancer that was inoperable. She started losing fur and weight and when the Vet checked her out, lumps of malignant tissue were found in numerous places.

Poody spent her last days at home with us being hand fed and lovingly cared for. She was purring and responding to attention right to the last. She slipped away in our arms peacefully and a better way for this to happen could not have been wished for. We feel blessed that she was not in pain, nor away from her home at the end.

Here are some images of Poody in her prime and doing the things she loved most, travelling and sleeping off a big meal :-)

I was packing for a rifle competition and came back to find Poody pre-furs my rifle case for her morning nap:

sackofcat.jpg

Here is Poody enjoying the Dancing Waters fountain at the Bellagio in Las Vegas:

dancing_waters_poody.jpg

And finally, Poody enjoying her favorite pastime, sleeping in a cardboard box way too small to hold her ;)

box_of_cat.jpg

Each to their own Jake, but I think a lot of us can agree that our furred friends are full family members, not just boarders ;)

Thanks again everyone, my wife and I are still a little shocked at how empty the house is now but we are getting past it day at a time :-(

But, this empiness will not remain so. When the supplicants are ready, the cat will appear :-)

George and I chatted about about Poody a bit last week, and I was encouraged to find that the kitty traveled with them just like any other 'person' in the family. That was so cool.

A lot of cats seem to be passing right about now... weird. My ladyfriend's 17-yr-old cat (lives near Portland, OR) is showing signs of 'losing it' any moment, too. The reason I mention it is that she got this little cat the moment she hired me to take over management of her copy shop in Washington State. The cat was dutifully delivered to the shop (he was officially the "shop cat") each day (she worked elsewhere by this time), and I got to mess with him eight hours a day, every day, for nearly a year. So Percy and I kinda grew up together for a time. He is a Siamese so had the usual Siamese taunting little personality. But it seems he's experiencing organ failure now, so... his days are numbered. And I will miss him at a distance.

Poody sounded like the ideal companion kitty. Imagine that--he traveled with them!

Wow, Poody in Vegas! What a lucky cat. Bless her heart.

Know your pain George. Our furry buddys are members of the family and when ones time is done, it does hurt.

We lost our torti last week. 17 good years. About 6 weeks ago she suffered a cerebal event of some kind, stroke or something else. Left her blind but there was still a bit of quality of life left. However she had another massive cerebal event and it was time.

She was our daughters cat and the ashes will be buried with her at her gravesite.

I am sorry for you loss Hank. It never gets easy, but we have to remember that their time is short compared to ours and that we must accept the inevitable if we want to share our lives with our furry friends.

I would if she would. She has not lost any of the "I rule the house" attitude with old age. My wife would give most anything if Chloe would sit in her lap, but she rules us and the two male cats with an iron paw and gets everything she wants. Right now it's food and sleep.

Having just gone through something similar lately, I know how it feels to lose a pet.. no, more than a pet, a small furry member of the family. I miss having our lil guy around, how he used to freak out and head out the cat door when I got home, how he sometimes managed to get underfoot and trip me up, how one time the poor guy didn't get his feet under him as my wife stretched out in her sleep (he was at her feet sleeping) as we heard the "clunk" at 2 in the morning..

I miss my fuzzy friend, but we both have these memories I'm certain.

Take care Geoff.

So sorry for your loss. My wife and I also have an orange tabby. Cubby is 9 years old and was born with only one kidney and has developed kidney stones :( You would never know it by looking at him and with proper diet and medication he should be with us a long while, we trust.

Thank you for sharing your photos with us. It looks like Poody lived the "good life".