Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Space City Challenge 2008

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like lots of ways to game stage 6.... and it's not legal in the new rules anyway.

1.1.5.4 and 1.1.5.5, and the subsections of 1.2 put the kibosh on it.

Not to rain on anybody's parade or anything, but I'm not too sad either... it sticks out amongst the other creative and interesting stages.

I would have to agree with this not being a legal stage. I think they would be better off having a small shooting box and a wide wall so that you had to lean out far enough that you had to shoot it one handed. I guess that these courses were not approved by the USPSA. The whole match looks like fun though. Unfortunatly I will not be able to shoot this match due to previous commitments.

Please note that Stage 6 has been radically revised.

See you at the range.

David C

Unfortunately, the one I saw as-drawn-- 19 rounds from one shooting location-or-view, while much improved, is still not a legal stage, even for a Level I match, right all you newly minted ROs?

Put up a wall with a port and some vision barriers. Make T1-T4 only visible from the left of the wall, T9 and steel through a port and T5-T8 around the right side of the wall and this becomes a legal stage.

Put up a wall with a port and some vision barriers. Make T1-T4 only visible from the left of the wall, T9 and steel through a port and T5-T8 around the right side of the wall and this becomes a legal stage.

Yeah, the good thing is there's lots of ways to fix this one and still have it be fun.

Hey!

What time in the AM :wacko:

7:30 ? 5:30 ? ( (9) ) :devil:

My guess is be at the range at 7:30 is that OK

I did not find it on the web site ..... <_< I will check the forum when I get to the hotel tonight ....late tonight did I say late?

Edited by AlamoShooter

The weather has been perfet since it dried up yesterday morning and we had a beautiful afternoon. Today the weather was great...cool in the morning and warm in the afternoon. Today we distributed the 20k+ prize table to happy recipients. Thanks very much to our awesome sponsors. We gave away several guns (2 more tomorrow) and a bunch of other stuff.

The interum scores are posted here: Space City Challenge 2008 prelimin scores

Landis

Edited by sidnal

Had a great time, got to see lots of old friends. :cheers: My scores look like the swiss alps with the gun problems, :o but great to get back out after a few months off. :D See yall next year!

Mark

Hmmmm, maybe you ought to get one of those blasters like you had on the last stage of the day, you know the one I'm referring to, right? One that runs ALL the time....

That, and I can learn to count rounds better and not have to do a standing reload while watching a clamshell close. <_<