Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Space City Challenge 2008

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got in & got my first look at all the results. It was a really good match & my 6th Space City Challenge. It was great to shoot with the cajun mafia & see lots of folks I know. As always I had a great time.

Ken, you shot great, congratulations! Now, get out of B class! ;):lol: I'm going to start a petition, "Get Ken out of B class". HMMM, wonder how that would go over? hahaha. At least you weren't a member of the single shot club like last year.

Thanks to all the guys that put this thing on. It was a very good match & I enjoyed it a lot.

See you guys next year!

Mark

Single shot club became "Team bolt Action" by the end of the day, from having to manually cycle the slide so many times. Whew, bad memories. Glad I could shake that mojo off for this year.

Although the company is good here in "B", I definately wouldn't mind moving on. Been seriously conisdering some paid assistance in guiding/tutoring me to another USPSA card.

BTW, why you giving me so much grief about being in "B"? It's not like you can't move on... <_<

See you later in the year, TX Limited or Open, maybe Summer Blast?

Edwin, great pix!

Edited by ken hebert

Ken,

I would like to win something before moving to A. hahahaha. I can't seem to do that when you are around(because you keep beating me!).

I bet your arm was sore last year after racking the slide approximately 250 times. What a bummer. Glad it went well for you this year. Congratulations again.

We have considered trying to hold a class with one of the guys from Tulsa at our range but right now, none of us have the time it takes. Have you considered a class at your range where you had several shooters involved?

MLM

Very little interest is expressed by the shooters at my home range about paid instruction for improvement. It's pretty much just me and another guy, and we are talking about doing something about it right now. Will probably involve some driving and a hotel stay, but hopefully it will result in another letter by my name.

As far as winning something, yeah it's nice, but I'd rather win my M card. I see that as a personal victory, and that counts more for me than a particle board and tin wall plaque.

Ken,

If we get one of those guys to come here, would you guys be interested in joining us? You of course would NOT have to join our club or pay range fees or anything, just pay the instruction fee like the rest of us. Just curious. If we can get enough interest, we have the range for it, no problem at all. www.wtps.us

Mark

Ken,

If we get one of those guys to come here, would you guys be interested in joining us? You of course would NOT have to join our club or pay range fees or anything, just pay the instruction fee like the rest of us. Just curious. If we can get enough interest, we have the range for it, no problem at all. www.wtps.us

Mark

May I recomend you contact Xre AKA Dave Re

DQ's at SCC2008

The stage design and setup crew worked really hard this year to keep out the 180 traps etc, and we still had too many DQ's

A quick review of the DQ Folder seems to indicate three things were combined (Finger, Trigger, and Reload) with loud, high velocity evidence.

The crew can't fix this. It's up the shooters.

Ladies and gentlemen

Please keep your finger off the trigger while reloading.

The shooters that I talked to that were DQed both said it was a mental mistake and made no bones about it - both were seasoned shooters - everyone gets DQ at some point - Nothing was ever said about that stages causing shooters to DQ - I also did not see anything in this thread to that notion.

Edited by KGentry

The design of the COF did not have anything to do with my DQ!

I have played the mental tape over and over and now have a good idea of what went on. Anything I say further will likely be considered an excuse.

There is no excuse. I pulled the trigger on the “If you are finished…” command.

I will back, safer than ever, next year.

See you on the range.

David C