IYAOYAS

HMM, Well over $100 per k

Lets see last time

115gr MG's - $87

Primers - $ 20 + some depending

Brass - $5 - running low though

Powder - $40 for 2 pounds

So for open 9mm major running HS6 or Longshot I am looking at around $142

Now this will change for .40 modified or open gun next year.

Price for bullets will be a bit more as will powder $155 or so per thousand I am guessing.

Offsetting by using a .22 more for practice on an STI frame.

Luckily we have an agreement with a local ammunition loading company that our local clubs (USPSA members only) place a monthly order and we get wholesale prices, but you have to be local to Atlanta to get hooked up with this, as the local company will only do it for local shooters

Lexor how are you getting zero's for that price or do you have a stock pile

Loading Major 9...

MG 124 JHPs - $71.47/k

WSF Powder - $11.25/k

Brass Mixed - $35.00/k

Primers - $20.00/k

Total - $137.72

Loading up for minor, I usually use free range brass and get multiple reloads out of it, use a little less powder, so I figure I am spending $100/k. Still cheaper than the Rem UMC 115 9x19 250 packs that go for $47 ($188/k)

Boys and their toys and if you have to ask how much it cost, then your mind is not in the right place anyway.

Christmas present to me 2000 Zero 230gr HP, 3000 Zero 9MM 125gr RN, 2000 230gr Precision Dalta. Buy what the gun likes to eat.

Boys and their toys and if you have to ask how much it cost, then your mind is not in the right place anyway.

Christmas present to me 2000 Zero 230gr HP, 3000 Zero 9MM 125gr RN, 2000 230gr Precision Dalta. Buy what the gun likes to eat.

Wow is that right? My mind happens to be in the process of making a informed decision on reloading costs in todays market.

If I can find a way to shoot more the same or less money why not? Always question, always try new things. Seek and ye shall find, Free your mind and your ass will follow. ect,ect.ect

It is costing me between 100.00 and 110.00 per thousand for 9mm major.

True Blue Powder

125 gr Zero JHP

Win SRP

once fired 9 mm brass.

I haven't figured it out on .40 or .45. I have a good stock of 180gr Zero .40 cal bullets at the old prices. Switched to Precision Black Bullets 230 gr. RNFP in both my SS and revolver, good accurate bullet that dosen't lead the barrels on either gun.

I stocked up on Zero 230 grain .45 bullets at $90 per K.. early in 07... so I'm set for two years. (I know that sounds expensive.. but check the price the 230s now-- The $90 was the total price delivered with tax.)

But since I load 75% of the time with hard to find Federal primers for my 625.... It's costing me about $125 per thou. which for 45s ain't all that bad these days.

I wish I had raided my IRA in May and bought a boat load at $90 delivered.

Toward the end of the 07 shooting season up here...I started to see less competion in the CDP/ESR/SS divisions... and an increase in the divisions dominated by 9 mm...SSP/ESR/Production. Maybe ammo costs will change some of the competitive mix.

Luckily we have an agreement with a local ammunition loading company that our local clubs (USPSA members only) place a monthly order and we get wholesale prices, but you have to be local to Atlanta to get hooked up with this, as the local company will only do it for local shooters
Lexor how are you getting zero's for that price or do you have a stock pile

Isn't the whole USA local?

Maybe you would be willing to forward bullets to some of your "less fortunate", fellow shooters?

loading precisions in .40 with TG powder and WSP primers are about $105/k

Using my own cast bullets for the same rounds, <$30/1000. You just have to decide if you can spend the time. Digging the lead out of berms, smelting, casting, sizing and lubing. I've been casting for a number of years so the equipment cost has just about become negligible.

FWIW

dj