Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas state carbine match

I would like to say a little bit about the open squading and how it worked for me. I did not have a chance to shoot with a big group. I know there were several big groups moving around and I am sure when they came up to a stage that there might have been some wait time. Also a lot of the shooters stayed down by Stage 6. After the shooters meeting I went up to the parking lot to get my gear. I then shot stage 1, 2 , 3 and 6 in about one hour. They only place that I had to wait of the stages I listed was 6 and the wait was not that long. I also heard from one shooter that said that after waiting for about 40 minutes to shoot and his name being called, a big group showed up and the RO reshuffled the score sheets. His scoresheet ended up at the bottom and he had to wait again. I can tell you that he was happy.

I finished shooting the match about 1:30 and then I stuck around and help Superfly on Stage1. Like I said maybe because I was not in a group I was able to get done faster.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, I like this chip idea, and I'm gonna look into getting it in action in my club. I've got a 3-gun shoot coming up at the end of the month, and although I'm not expecting more than 20+ shooters I'm gonna try it out, work the kinks out if I can.

I also heard from one shooter that said that after waiting for about 40 minutes to shoot and his name being called, a big group showed up and the RO reshuffled the score sheets. His scoresheet ended up at the bottom and he had to wait again. I can tell you that he was not happy.

I finished shooting the match about 1:30 and then I stuck around and help Superfly on Stage1. Like I said maybe because I was not in a group I was able to get done faster.

Kind of the same thing happened to us twice. BTW, my "group" consisted of 5 shooters, myself included. Typically what happened was that after we had moved up to a new stage and dropped off our scoresheets, sometime later a new group would come up and drop theirs off. Only prob was that they put theirs on the other side of the pile. The side that was next up in line. This was not intentional on their part, just that things got done two different ways and someone has to come out on the short end of the stick. If my group inadvertantly did this to any other shooters, let me say it wasn't intentional and I apologize here and now.

Finished shooting at 3:30, me being the last. Got back to the house (Beaumont) at about 9:00 that night.

Would REALLY like to make the "night before eating party" next year! :cheers:

Oh Great, Ken!!!!

Now you're gonna give Alamoshooter an even bigger head, because he came up with an idea that someone else likes!!! Thanks A Lot........

BTW, our group of 5 or 6 finished at 3:30 or 4:00 as well, I was finished 2:00, but still had 3 stages to shoot, and they sucked.(my shooting, not the stages).

Trapr

Guys, I like this chip idea, and I'm gonna look into getting it in action in my club. I've got a 3-gun shoot coming up at the end of the month, and although I'm not expecting more than 20+ shooters I'm gonna try it out, work the kinks out if I can.

I used a marker to put #s on an old set of poker chips. = that rubbed off to easy so I ended up with a White label and the marked the number on that. You will need a 1x4 about 18" long + or- label one end with Next up and the other just arrived. You could even make a bracket that shows the Deep hole shooter and two behind them should be taping.

The only problem I had was when some-one would bump the board and knock all the chips to heck. :blink:

So come up with something or chips just get stacked and that does not work stacking them.

They need to see ware their # is in line,

It been 6 or 7 years that we stopped using them. =went to squads with Ro in the squad. If I did an Open squading I would use it for shurr though

The RO got a Red chip and a shoot through got a blue that would let them bump the in hole shooter only, never bump the on deck guy

When you have 10 + shooters waiting to shoot a stage is when it is great cuzz you show up and can take a break and watch a friend on another stage and be back for the #5 slot to start taping and helping.

Turns the match back into a social event.