Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Adjustable Vs Fixed Sights

MBaban

I shoot L10 with fixed sights. Adjustable sights are really fixed sights that you've set for your prefered distance. You still have to know where your gun shoots at any given distance and adjust your aim point accordingly.

I've kind of done a 180 on this over the years. To start with, I was a fixed sights kinda guy. I'd sight-in the gun with whatever load I carried, and that was it. Then I started shooting competition, and I can't imagine not having adjustable sights. Once you start playing around with different bullet configurations and weights, different powders and charges, you'll find your point of impact varying enough that you absolutely need adjustable sights to synchronzie POI/POA.

Thanks for the info, I stopped by a gun tore yesterday and found a decent price on a reloader, now Duane has a point, withdifferent loads in competition, the only thing you have to worry is aligning the fron sight to the target when zeroed in with the adjustables. I saw the Dawson's adjustables tht was myother choice besides the Heinies. I will reload so now I'm leaing towars the adjustable sight. One question though, is the night or fiber optic sights allowed in IPSC? Does it have an advantage, especially the fiber optic front sight? Mark

One question though, is the night or fiber optic sights allowed in IPSC? Does it have an advantage, especially the fiber optic front sight? Mark

With your G35 you'll be in IPSC Standard Div due to barrel length. Fiber optic or night sights is allowed. Personally, I'd go with a narrow (~.090") FO sight enough to see those mini poppers out to 25 yards..