Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.22 complete upper for my AR?

1911vm

I have a Compass Lake Engineering upper, but its geared more towards High Power/National Match stuff. Frank might be able to make you something for IPSC practice pretty easy though.

Accuracy Speaks in Mesa used to make some nice 22 top ends.

JP has one on their site...

there are a couple of the model 1 22 upper in use at our range and they are sweet.

it uses a highly modified ceiner conversion as the base action, and combined with the black dog mags they also sell, they have been flawless. 1 of them belongs to a writer from small arms review, and he did manage to break 1 firing pin, but that was after a bunch of rounds went thru it. the down side to it was he had to deal with ciener directly to replace the firing pin, and the language he used describing that transaction would get me banned here.

I have seen the spike's tactical and talked to a friend who owns one firsthand he told me this was the best of the bunch . They use a regular .223(sized internally to fit .22) size mag that you can take apart to clean and it holds 30 rounds. He said he probably has 2-3000 rounds through it , he just got it a couple of months ago. He also said the barrel is sized for .22 rimfire rounds where some of the others are sized for .224 bullets.FWIW

Scott

Spikes Tactical

Or wait a little while....gonna be something new on the market that you might like.

Tim

What is a little while???????????? :unsure: For some reson LITTLE WHILE in gun industry could meen 1 week or 1 year.

Vlad

J-Ho,

There's a great thread somewhere on here about 22 uppers wherein Kurt Miller discussed some tweaks on getting the thing to run 100%. I'm stoked. BDM makes good mags (from all accounts thus far) and I'm sure with decent ammo this thing will run like a champ.

Rich

Spike's Tactical is the s**t.

I bought one a few weeks ago, to use for cheap practice. The plan is to make it as close to my CTR-02 as possible, so I had them install a V-Tac handguard, which they installed without charging me extra. They also knocked off the price of the YHM handguard they normally ship with.

It seems to be a bit ammo sensitive and I had some initial problems the first few hundred rounds, but after switching to the recommended Federal Value packs and Federal Am eagle, the problems went away. After my last range trip I now have close to 1k rounds through it without a single hiccup.

Except for a few failure to ignites, it even seems to function fine with my spare lower with a JP trigger kit installed. A heavier hammer spring should fix that though (or so I hope).

For those of you in free states, BDM offers 27 round drop-free mags as well as 10 rounders for us in less-free states. The mags are very sturdy and they seem to survive getting dropped on indoor range concrete floors as well ;)

This is how it looks now, awaiting A2 stock, Meopta sight and JP SRTS.

Spikes Tactical Upper on Stag lower

Edited by gose