Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Debi Davis

Singlestack

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My God John, I just heard. I cant believe it, I can only imagine how your hurting.

I was thinking back to I think last years area 6 match, I wanted one of those Glock hats they were giving away but they were out. I told Debi i wanted one and she said " I'll get you one before you leave".

I had forgotten all about it as the match finished and i was heading to my car, when i hear Debi Yell at me

" Hey Woogie, here's your hat" then brought it over to me . I think it was probably her own hat.

Kind, always a pleasure to be around. She will be missed.

Don Woosley

John - Debi was one of the 1st women shooters I had the pleasure to meet at South River several years back. She made my beginning years of shooting so much easier just because I knew she was also at the match.

I will truly miss seeing her smiling face at future matches.

Cheryl Fordyce

Tallahassee

John,

Sorry for your loss. My mother in law also passed much too young a few years back. My wife couldn't reach her and asked her sister who lived an hour away to check on her. She had passed in her sleep as well.

Hang in there

We must somehow accept that our earthly existence is limited, but memories are forever.

As long as you remember her, she will always be with you.

May the grace and comfort of God, family and friends be with you.

Martin

Edited by Allgoodhits

Debbie's death comes as an incredible loss to her husband, her family and the entire USPSA community. Debbie was everybody's sweetheart with a heart so full of smiles they just spilled out everywhere. There was never a match at South River where she was not one of the first to arrive and last to leave and despite working like a trojan, never had a cross word to share with anyone. She knew how to get things done and went about doing her job and assisting everyone else who needed help. Area 6 will not be the same without her since she likely sorted more match shirts than anyone else on this forum and sorted about as many prizes and trophies.

John our hearts go out to you at this time and please know that we will be there for you like Debbie was there for all of us.

Charles Bond

I'm very sorry for your loss. We lost two people in our family this year and the following poem was read at both of their funerals. I hope you don't mind that I share it with you as it uplifted and consoled many friends and relatives including me.

The poem is by Canon Henry Scott Holland (1847-1918) a Canon of St Paul's Cathedral.

Death is nothing at all

I have only slipped away into the next room

I am I, and you are you.

Whatever we were to each other

That we still are.

Call me by my old familiar name

Speak to me in the easy way which you always used

Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.

Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes

We enjoyed together.

Play, smile, think of me, pray for me,

Let my name be ever the household word that

It always was.

Let it be spoken without effort,

Without the trace of a shadow on it.

Life means all that it ever meant

It is the same as it ever was

There is absolutely unbroken continuity.

Why should I be out of mind because I am

Out of sight? I am but waiting for you

For an interval

Somewhere very near

Just around the corner.

All is well.

If you're in the general vicinity,

A memorial service for Debi is scheduled for this Wednesday evening, 6-8PM, at Carmichael Funeral Home.

Address:

2950 King Street SE

Smyrna, GA 30080

(770) 435-4467

Please brings lots of good memories of Debi. John stated that if anyone wishes to speak, they are encouraged to do so.

Thanks,

...Mark

To everyone who has replied to John, I thank you with all my heart. I am his older sister, Cheryl. This has been an extremely difficult week for John and the family. The shock and the loss are heart wrenching. We will all miss Debi, her smile, and her vitality.

I had a good conversation with John last night and he told me about this site and all the love that had been expressed to him and Debi here. There is no way for me to tell you how much this has meant to him, other than just to type the words.

May God richly and abundantly bless each and every one of you.

Cheryl Golson Moore

Mobile, Alabama

John

Please accept my condolences.

Of Debi, I only knew her from USPSA. My loss. Yet, she always improved the situation when she was around. Never made things worse. Always better. The next time I'm pissed off over some little piece of nothing, I'm going to try to remember her example. She was a good role model.

May God be with you.

MHearn

Edited by mhearn

I would like to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart. I could feel the love from all of you. I feel very honored to be part of this community. I have had shooters from all over calling me and offering support. I have had shooters from my area come to help me out in a very dark time without my asking.

As for me...

I returned to work last week and I am doing ok. I had to move from our house because I could not stay there without Debi. I got a nice apartment and I am trying to adjust.

Again,

Thank you all,

John

• 1 year later...

Today marks 2 years.

I would like to thank all of you for the love and support. It really meant a lot to me. I'm not sure how it would have turned out for me without the love I received from the shooting community.

Thank you all.

This past Oct.1, I lost my Sister. She caught double pneumonia and went in the hospital on a Saturday. That night, they put her on a respirator. She never regained consciousness. She developed ARDS and died 26 days later at the age of 57.

I was sitting at a restaurant by myself eating dinner the Wednesday before she went in the hospital. All of the sudden I had the urge to call her, and I thought I would do it right after I ate. Something made me uncomfortable with that decision so, right in the middle of my dinner, I picked up the phone and called her. We had a very pleasant conversation. It was the last time I was to ever talk to her. I am so glad that I usually listen to that feeling/little voice.

She actually made a post here to thank all of you for your support.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=666286

John