Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.40 Hi cap Caspian Mags

shooter_rob

Has anyone tried the new Caspian .40 Hi cap mags that just came out? I picked up 4 for my Craig F-19L and I can't get them to function consistantly with more than 10 rounds in them. They are the sharpest mags I have ever seen and appear to be made very well. I tried several different spring and follower combos but no luck. I would appreciate any help or suggestions you might have.

Has anyone tried the new Caspian .40 Hi cap mags that just came out? I picked up 4 for my Craig F-19L and I can't get them to function consistantly with more than 10 rounds in them. They are the sharpest mags I have ever seen and appear to be made very well. I tried several different spring and follower combos but no luck. I would appreciate any help or suggestions you might have.

I was checking them out at Area-2 and they were pretty darned sweet looking!

I test fired mine (I bought 6) yesterday, and they all worked flawlessly. What kind of problems were you having?

What is your OAL?

My OAL is 1.180, but I did try some factory length that did the same thing. I even tried different springs and followeres. The bullets are nose diving and hit the feed ramp. I have some of the old Craig mags that work great so I don't believe it is the gun. Gary says I need to trim the feed lips back some, just hate to cut on brand new mags that I thought would work.

Edited by shooter_rob

My OAL is 1.180, but I did try some factory length that did the same thing.

Okay, I'm sorry Rob I don't know. I suspected the OAL but it looks like I was wrong. I'm still using the modified Tanfoglio mags I made a few years ago. I would talk to Jim Anglin from Sailors Custom. He builds my Caspian super mags and knows them inside and out. jjanglin@msn.com

Travis

:rolleyes:

Thanks T T , I did have a hand in ,along with TT, Alan Meek with the input on these new Caspian mags

the ones I made out of Tanfoglio mags are near identical to the new ones except for the

base pad,I used base pads from brownells and they no longer carry them.I have four of the new mags

and I get 20 in mine dont like putting 21 in them casue it flexes the top groove too much and

may lead to problems. I use the Gramms spring and follower in them and do trim the feed lips

back some I load to 1.190 with 200 grain precisions.

I believe Alan and I made some 40 mags out of the 38 super caspian mags.

If guys are haviung trouble Id have to see their mag to see whats going on ,I think I have 13

mags plus 4 new ones and they are work, I have gramms spring and followers in them and

Caspian white nylon followers with Sti/SVI 38 super type springs in them . They just

all work like peaches and creame.

Jim

Sailors :blink::wacko::mellow:

• 3 years later...

I have 4 of these mags and they all nosedive really bad and thats with both caspian spring followers and the gram set up too. How much do you trim off of the feed lips and what kind of dimensions?

I don't trim the feed lips. I just ensure I use an appropriate cartridge AOL, and I make sure the mag spring is strong.