Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli, can't decide...

oregonshooter

First, I have not read all three pages of this thread.... However, it appears the big debate was pump vs. auto....why not just get an M3 :D

Where you got that is beyond me.......the M3 is nothing but an abomination of a shotgun anyways. It should thrown into the lake of fire!!! (along with the potatoe digger...oh, it's already there).

I'm thinking this guy probably has already settled on a shotgun, seein' how this thread is 9 months old.....either that or he's a better procrastinator than anyone on the BE forum.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 5 months later...
You will like the M4, but remember... oil it!

The thing to remember is that if your Super90 doesn't run...REPLACE the P.G.! not send! If you want a really nice Super90 that will run send it to BENNY/BEVIN Also Remember Super 90 IS NOT AN M4. An M4 is a totally different gun! Also remeber if Benny can't fix it he knows who to call. :D

Not to beat a dead horse, but I have a basic question...

Im trying to get started in 3 gun, I own a m4, with a aftermarket mag tube, other than that, its all stock (dont need to lecture me on 922r). It has the threaded barrell for chokes. And yes, it has a pistol grip.

My questions

1) since this thread began (about a year ago or so?) Are the M4's more or less prevelant at 3 gun matches than they were a year or so ago? Are the people using them competitive or just out shooting for fun?

2) since im starting out, am I better off just buying a M2 and be done with it? aka, do it right the first time.

3) I dont see mention of the FN SLP 12 ga, anyone using this? if not why? If so, how succesfully? If not being used, is it because of the 18" barrell or the non vented barrell? or both?

Edited by what2be

I have seen 1 shooter use an M4, in the last year, when choosing a Benelli for competition most choose M1 or M2 or SBE, with SBE being less prevalent.

FN shotties are used quite well, and by more than a few shooters, there is one Kid in GA, that uses one I can't recall his name but he always wears yellow and black shooting PJ's :rolleyes: and he's kind of a good shooter. <_<he has a scoring system named after him, and its not the LPH scoring matrix.

if you are just playing around with 3 gun/multigun use your M4, if you have decided to try and be competitive get an M1 or M2.

Trapr

I have seen 1 shooter use an M4, in the last year, when choosing a Benelli for competition most choose M1 or M2 or SBE, with SBE being less prevalent.

FN shotties are used quite well, and by more than a few shooters, there is one Kid in GA, that uses one I can't recall his name but he always wears yellow and black shooting PJ's :rolleyes: and he's kind of a good shooter. <_<he has a scoring system named after him, and its not the LPH scoring matrix.

if you are just playing around with 3 gun/multigun use your M4, if you have decided to try and be competitive get an M1 or M2.

Trapr

Just out of curiousity, which model FN and what length barrel?

FN SLP Mk1 (actually I think it is a Winchester Practical but the same weapon) 22" barrel w/8 round tube. The 18" barrel version only holds 7 in the tube.

I like mine a lot. Had a Benelli M1 but my son liked it better and he has a much brighter future in the sport. I had the FN as a backup but have grown to really enjoy it. I don't think it gives up a whole lot to a Benelli other than the weight. But from what I have seen of the prices lately, it doesn't save you any money over a Benelli either. I bought mine two years ago for $679.00, they are around $1000.00 now.

FN SLP Mk1 (actually I think it is a Winchester Practical but the same weapon) 22" barrel w/8 round tube. The 18" barrel version only holds 7 in the tube.

I like mine a lot. Had a Benelli M1 but my son liked it better and he has a much brighter future in the sport. I had the FN as a backup but have grown to really enjoy it. I don't think it gives up a whole lot to a Benelli other than the weight. But from what I have seen of the prices lately, it doesn't save you any money over a Benelli either. I bought mine two years ago for $679.00, they are around $1000.00 now.

Yeah, after looking at both the M2 and the FN I see the M2 is over a 1lb lighter...so I think im leaning towards the M2.

Quick question though..i see websites for 3 gun stuff selling Saiga 8 round mags...and on a you tube video of a 3 gun event (ft benning I believe?) I saw a guy using one. Are these legal in 3 gun and if so, are they a popular choice?

Edited by what2be