Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

College Football Bowl Season

I love college football.

It's about the only sport I really follow.

This should be a very exciting time of the year but now that the games are set, I am terribly ...... underwhelmed.

Maybe it's just me but none of the games really rate as must see TV.

Are there any games out there that make you say "I can't wait to see that"?

We'll all watch our favorite team if they have a game and most will watch the BCS championship game just for something to do.

I guess I've just gotten bored with watching the BCS fiasco year after year.

I'm sick of seeing the Bowl / League tie-ins produce uninteresting matchups in the name of tradition.

The games I'd really like to see just aren't going to happen.

Say, Ga against Southern CAl or Oklahoma vs. Florida.

Maybe Auburn and Texas.

I can't see one game out there that would make me go out of my way to watch.

Maybe Florida and Michigan.

Is it just me?

Tony

Edited by 38superman

I love my alma mater. Kinda a down season starting out #1 and all. However, being a glass half full kinda guy, beating Notre Dame (the devil) and UCLA (people who hate old people, children and dogs) makes everything okay for me.

Rich

Id like to see some actual playoff games. Instead of this farce we have now. Either that or permanently ban the use of the phrase, National Champion from college football. The game I am waiting to see is the Sugar Bowl. for about 3 seasons I have been listening to the locals ooh and ahh about how great Hawaii is even though they play the easiest schedule in college football. Personally I think they are an ok team playing at the top of the Pee Wee league and Georgia is gonna crush them, But I will be the first to admit I'm wrong if they even come close to hanging in there.

I'm bored with it myself. Other than the fact that my alma mater will be in the Fiesta Bowl I just don't care. I doubt if I will stay up on a work night to watch a game on January 7. I agree that if should be on a weekend. What really bothers me is why a division championship hurts your standing in the BCS. I'm a Sooner and I'm glad we beat Mizzou, but they REALLY should be in a BCS bowl. If being ranked number 1 in the last week of the season doesn't mean anything, then what is the point of the whole system?