Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Calamity Jane

Calamity Jane

Training to Win

Is it possible to train to win? I've been reading some books and they would say you should train for individual peak performance. Train for things you can control. Winning is not always in your control. Do I believe that? Is performing your best all there is? Is that truly the best I can do? I've found the goal of "doing my best" isn't enough of a motivation to actually cause me to do my best. Doing my best is self limiting. There is something out there for me I haven't yet grasped. Training to win will be about me trying to find it. I'm greedy to experience something more than just my mortal best. I think we've brainwashed a generation into simply doing their best and feeling good about it. Isn't that what sports is all about? The "winning" doesn't matter but what is important is playing the game and doing your best. Sound familiar? I know I've chosen that belief for quite some time. It's not enough anymore. I want more.

What does it mean to win? Perhaps the definition of winning is the most important component to winning. We each have to define what it means to win. In my diary I will define what winning will mean to me.

I've got a clear picture of what I'm to do this year. I feel like it will be the strongest year of my shooting career. This journey will not end in disappointment. It will end with restoration, jubilation, and personal victory. Why? Because I'm going to train to win.

During my layoff I've been writing. So as usual…to start off with…there is going to be a lot of mental/spiritual mumbo jumbo and then I will get into the shooting stuff.

I really look forward to what I will experience in 2008 and I'm really grateful to have a place to document my journey. I don't know what my words will mean to you, but I do know with each word I write I come closer to finding my true self. My words help me. Thank you for allowing me to place them here.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jane, your previous diary has been an inspiration to me and I look forward to seeing you continue to improve in '08! I made my lowly goal of making C this year... now to set my sights higher (and maybe start my own range diary) ;) It was a pleasure to meet you and your wonderful family... see y'all in 3 months!

-Chun-Yu

What a great diary, and story. Jane, you're an inspiration and I love your drive and initiative.

I was a little unclear if your questions was metaphorical, or if you were desiring exploration of the question. I'd say answers, but if I had those I'd be doing a little more winning myself.

I've never personally believed I could train to win. The caveat to that is that I may have been training wrong. Or at least not training the way I needed to in order to win.

I do understand the natural conflict that "do your best" implies. But, like you mention, I think at times that has to do with definition as well. Think of the classic El Presidente. Where in today's world a sub 4 second el pres is certainly expected at the highest levels of the game. Yet 15 years ago, it was sub 5. And many of those shooters are still out here, and still at the top of their game. Were they striving to do their best back then? Yes. Are they now? Yes. The "do your best" philosophy, in my mind, has to mean training in such a way that you are able to consistently perform at your highest level of skill and that you are, at the same time, increasing your skill level. So, in other words, getting better and being able to perform at that better status. Always.

I used to focus so much on winning that it was sick. I went through a phase where all I was really focused on was performance. One shot, and one stage, at a time. That change put me in position to win more. And I did win more. Which caused an interesting dynamic. Because when the formula started working I started focusing more on winning. Which took emphasis away from performing on every shot and every stage, which led to very frustrating years of knowing I could win, knowing I had won, and yet for some reason not being able to win. Which caused me to focus on winning that much more, which perpetuated the problem that much more.

For me, the answer is in performance. If I lose and I performed to my ability then I know I have to increase my ability. If I lose because I didn't perform up to my ability then I know I have to get there before I can question anything else.

I look forward to the responses on this. I know thoughts will vary!

J

I've found the goal of "doing my best" isn't enough of a motivation to actually cause me to do my best. Doing my best is self limiting.
The "do your best" philosophy, in my mind, has to mean training in such a way that you are able to consistently perform at your highest level of skill and that you are, at the same time, increasing your skill level. So, in other words, getting better and being able to perform at that better status. Always.

J

I think Jack nailed it --- it's a circle. You perform at a certain level. If you want to win, you've got to constantly pursue increasing that level of performance, and as you climb the rungs, have to keep performing at your current (ever-increasing) level. The alternative is stagnation --- which will probably hit at some point. (As the work you're doing limits further growth) Then you'll need to decide if you have the will to change what you are doing, to push beyond the plateau.

There is something out there for me I haven't yet grasped. Training to win will be about me trying to find it. I'm greedy to experience something more than just my mortal best.

Is that realistic? Or did you discover a way to take mortality out of the equation? :D :D Seriously, I can relate to that --- to wanting to be much better than I am currently. Stagnation sucks, growth is more fun than I can put into words....

I think we've brainwashed a generation into simply doing their best and feeling good about it.

Hmm, I think it's more "brainwashed a generation into feeling good about having made an attempt, without considering whether they could have done more, or reached farther." I'm not at all sure that everyone really does their best, before hearing those words. It's a behavior that severely limits growth -- and I see it everyday, in all kinds of places. Anderson gets excited about excellence, and about people working hard to pursue perfection --- I totally get that concept. Perfection is elusive though, if you believe in the constant evolution of the individual --- because the finish line keeps shifting as your capabilities grow. I'm pretty sure that once you win that first National Championship, you'll enjoy it, but the next day you'll start thinking about repeating the performance....

I really look forward to what I will experience in 2008 and I'm really grateful to have a place to document my journey. I don't know what my words will mean to you, but I do know with each word I write I come closer to finding my true self. My words help me. Thank you for allowing me to place them here.

Au contraire -- thank you for sharing and expanding our horizons.

I used to focus so much on winning that it was sick. I went through a phase where all I was really focused on was performance. One shot, and one stage, at a time. That change put me in position to win more. And I did win more. Which caused an interesting dynamic. Because when the formula started working I started focusing more on winning. Which took emphasis away from performing on every shot and every stage, which led to very frustrating years of knowing I could win, knowing I had won, and yet for some reason not being able to win. Which caused me to focus on winning that much more, which perpetuated the problem that much more.

For me, the answer is in performance. If I lose and I performed to my ability then I know I have to increase my ability. If I lose because I didn't perform up to my ability then I know I have to get there before I can question anything else.

J

Hey everybody! I'm still here. I've been held hostage once again by my work place and simply have not had the time to post.

Jack brings up several good points. One: he found success (winning) when he focused on performance. Two: once he starting winning his focus changed to winning instead of perfomance and then he started losing. Those who have ears, let them hear.

For me, I too plan to focus on performance as I train to win. Clearly others have experienced success with that formula. Pretty much every mental management book you pick up says the same thing. I'm a believer so I'll have performance based goals and focus on me and my performance throughout 2008.

BUT what happens if I start winning? It could happen at the local level here in Indiana. What is my strategy for staying on top? Perhaps the key to that is to continue to focus on performance. Perhaps the key it to continue to increase your ability despite winning. What would have happened if Jerry Miculek only focused on winning? Would he have developed into the greatest revolver shooter of all time? I'm going to Princeton in April to an advanced ladies camp and by golly I'm going to ask Jerry what motivated him to go beyond winning.

Thanks for the great post.

There is something out there for me I haven't yet grasped. Training to win will be about me trying to find it. I'm greedy to experience something more than just my mortal best.

Is that realistic? Or did you discover a way to take mortality out of the equation? :D :D Seriously, I can relate to that --- to wanting to be much better than I am currently. Stagnation sucks, growth is more fun than I can put into words....

Nik, you :devil: Your post made me really stop and think. What am I really trying to say here? It's difficult to explain because I feel it more than I can explain it. But I'll try.

"I'm greedy to experience something more than just my mortal best."

I believe there are serendipitous moments in life where we can experience something beyond what we think we can do. I don't think you can make these things happen. It's a moment beyond your control but when it happens you rise to the occasion and catch a glimpse of the glory inside you that you didn't know was there. For example: I'm sure you have heard stories of men or women who have lifted an automobile off of a person trapped underneath. If they wanted to lift a car they wouldn't be able to do it, but in that moment, under extreme stress, when someone's life depended on it, they were able to achieve and experience something beyond themselves....more than their mortal best ;)

OK those are pretty words Jane...but what does that have to do with shooting....how does that translate.

I made a mistake in my last diary. I had something happen at a match in July that I did not share. I'm thinking about why I didn't share it. Was I acting in humility or cowardice?? Acting in humility would mean I didn't want to point it out because the score sheet said it loud enough, no need to rub salt into the wound. OR Acting in cowardice...did I not share it because I was trying to hide my glory?? I'm going to talk about glory in this diary later. Glory is going to be a central theme. We don't talk about it and few of us understand it, but I'm going to go there because it is part of my story.

Anyway, here is the situation in which I'm referring. My husband designed a stage in which there was a swinger at 10 yards attached to a rope, and a small plate approximately 5-8 yards to the lateral left side of the swinger. The stage description was gun on the table unloaded with mags on table. You were to load gun, pull the rope, engage swinger with 4 rounds, and shoot the plate. Here is what happened

July 15, 2007 WABASH VALLEY PRACTICAL PISTOL

Stage 5 Swinger 4

Place Name No. Class Division Points Penalties Time Hit Factor Stage Pts Stage %

1Jane Ball 32 B Open 24 0 4.03 5.9553 25.0000 100.00%

2Larry Sample 51 A Open 24 0 6.61 3.6309 15.2423 60.97%

3Chris Lattin 49 B Open 23 0 7.47 3.0790 12.9255 51.70%

4Steve Wright 53 B Open 19 0 9.03 2.1041 8.8329 35.33%

5Marc Brock 9 B Open 9 30 5.30 0.0000 0.0000 0.00%

The results are hard to read because I can't figure out how to make them look correct!! But what I wanted you to see was the time and points. I was down only one point and ahead on time by 2 seconds. That is domination. That is beyond what I thought I could do. That was beyond my mortal ability. It's serendipitous moments like that...that I'm craving. Those unexpected moments of greatness that leaves you with an overwhelming feeling of awe. The "I can't believe I just did that" moment. It's a mind blower! It's joyful. It's a celebration. I want more of that!! :D

I'm going to regret posting this later...but Jack got me thinking about winning....and that led me to this thought....

At the end of car races there is usually a pretty girl with the a trophy in her hands. Sometimes she is the Winston Girl, or the Indy 500 queen, or whoever...it's a pretty, hot girl with a trophy. The winner gets to kiss the girl and take the trophy from her. We've seen the scene on TV many times. Well maybe that is what winning is supposed to be. You win, kiss the girl, enjoy it, and MOVE ON. What would happen if you slept with the girl instead of just kissed her. Then you would be thinking about the girl instead of the next car race. Or just as bad...what if you won, but didn't kiss the girl and didn't enjoy the moment. Each is a trap to avoid.

Moral of the story and what Jack taught me today.... When you win, enjoy the moment, and then move on.

No comments about kissing girls please....I was using an example I thought you could relate to. ;)

I don't know if this will help or not, but it might be a different way to look at your match results. The way I've been marking my progress and also pushing myself to improve has been to set goals based off of other better and steady shooters. By steady I mean shooters that shoot at a stable level of shooting within their class. My first goal is to beat that shooter overall at a match. Then my next goal is to beat that shooter at every match consistantly. Once I've reached that goal, I go on to the next level of shooter.

There are obviously variables in this equasion, but the progressive steps seem to have worked for me. It gives me achevable steps and stops me from focusing on achevements currently out of my grasp. I find it totally unrealistic for me to beat a GM shooter after less than 2 years shooting USPSA, but as an A shooter, I find it realistic for me to strive to beat one peticular M class shooter in this area. I have beaten him once, but now I am working on beating him regularly.

It works for me.

wow...great diary..

great stuff to ponder..how do you train to do your best/win.

In my day of really trying to be someone back in the 90s..I worked hard at the training and worked hard at trying to be consistent at things that other were not..

I can still remember my performance at an area championship that got me my M card in open..I exectuted over two days..at the best as I could..I can remember backing off on the second day on the two last stages that were both like 12rnd each..and I can remember finishing 4th overall behind Matt McLearn, Jojo and Jack..yep long long time ago..

and then I can remember trashing so much after that experience..because I knew I could shoot and win..that was some tough times..

I started shooting again about 4 years ago..and don't have that same passion to win..but I have that same passion to be my best..and to be at a high level of consistency..

love the diary..keep up the thought provoking posts..

What's it mean to win anyway?

According to Webster's Dictionary to win: 1a: to get possession of by effort or fortune. 1b: to obtain by work: earn. 2a: to gain in or as if in battle or contest. 2b: to be the victor in.

How can I know if I won if I don't know what it is to win? Is winning simply being the one with #1 by your name? Or is it achieving that which you set your mind to do? If it is achieving or obtaining by work what you set your mind to do, does it not make sense to set obtainable goals so that you can always win? Sure, but what happens if the goals you set are ALWAYS easily obtainable…wouldn't that be sort of a shallow type of win? I think so.

There is no satisfaction for me to set out to do something that is easily obtainable. Where's the challenge in that? For me to win, the goal must be set just outside of my grasp where it requires me to grow, stretch, and move beyond where I am now to a place I know is possible but not easily traveled to. The key to my winning will be to accurately define where that destination is. Where is it? Where is that place I want to go, that is not easily traveled to, but is within my grasp? That is a very good question and one that I have been pondering.

For me I think that place will be obtaining an A card in Open, and shooting 70% or higher in major matches. Certainly that is within my grasp, but it will require me to stretch and grow. These two goals are measurable and rely entirely on me. To reach them will earn me a "W" on my personal score sheet.

But there is another category that I wish to win in that is not so easily measured. It's on the personal growth score sheet. There is something that I've been working through on a personal/ spiritual level that has gotten all tangled up in my shooting. I'm going to try to explain it in a later post. It will define my motivation for what I'm trying to obtain. To win in this area is much more important to me than to win on a USPSA score sheet. It will all make sense later. ;)

I didn't get to the range today as planned. The weather...and a trip to the pet store to purchase guinea pigs for my son...held me up. I need to start my dry fire this week. Why are the first few steps of a new journey the hardest? It's time to begin the new journey.

The First Blue X

For the last 2 years I have been keeping track of my dry fire and live fire sessions with blue or red X's on the calendar. Tonight I put my first blue X (dry fire) on the calendar for the 2008 season. My timer had a dead battery so I did most of my work in front of a mirror. I practiced shooting myself in the head....I'm not sure that is a good sign :blink: Anyway, the session made me smile. The biggest smile came when I realized I was wearing my black cami tee shirt for this very first dry fire session. I've got a story to tell about that tee shirt and it all fits into where I'm headed. ;) Big smiles on Calamity Jane's face tonight. :D

"A winner is someone who is just as concerned about who they become as to what they accomplish"

Lanny Bassham

Wounded Warrior

I chose my avatar because I wanted to project an image of beauty and strength. Sharon Stone's character in 'The Quick and the Dead" spoke that to me. At the time I didn't know the irony of my choice. I recently discovered that there is more than just strength and beauty this character and I share. I've discovered like her I too must face a past that has wounded me.

We all get wounded. I'm no different. It's just the nature of life. My heart was deeply wounded by two gentlemen that made me feel like I didn't belong. I was belittled. Perhaps belittled isn't the best word. Perhaps deeply offended would be better. The consequence of that was a loss of confidence in my self and a wounded heart. The truth is I always knew in my head what they thought didn't matter, but somehow they got to my heart. I've learned over time there are parts of your heart that your head can not protect no matter how hard you try.

What does this have to do with shooting? Shooting has been a healing balm to that wound for the last 5 years. I believe God put a gun in my hand and placed me in the presence of warriors to tell me I belong. Ironically it wasn't in a church pew that he has been healing me but on a playing field with men. Week after week, year after year, he has whispered in my ear…you belong….You Belong…YOU BELONG! He has been using shooting to undo what those two gentlemen did to my heart. His plan is for my heart to be whole again. He who began a good work in me will be faithful to complete it. I'm almost there.

Training to win I believe is my final step in healing. I've come a long way in my healing and a long way in the restoration of my heart and confidence. But for true wholeness of my heart I must accomplish one more thing. I must be able to take the playing field with full confidence and compete to win. I want to experience for once in my life what it feels like to come at this sport with ALL of the power within me. I want to take the playing field with full confidence, no apologies for who I am, a warrior equal to her peers, and play with the intent to win. I want timidity to give way to boldness for I don't have a spirit of fear and timidity, but a spirit of power, love and self discipline within me. I want to shoot in freedom and no longer be bound by a wounded heart.

Why is this important? Why does this matter? Because to do so is to acknowledge to my Creator that I believe….I belong.

"A winner is someone who is just as concerned about who they become as to what they accomplish"

Lanny Bassham

Wounded Warrior

I chose my avatar because I wanted to project an image of beauty and strength. Sharon Stone's character in 'The Quick and the Dead" spoke that to me. At the time I didn't know the irony of my choice. I recently discovered that there is more than just strength and beauty this character and I share. I've discovered like her I too must face a past that has wounded me.

We all get wounded. I'm no different. It's just the nature of life. My heart was deeply wounded by two gentlemen that made me feel like I didn't belong. I was belittled. Perhaps belittled isn't the best word. Perhaps deeply offended would be better. The consequence of that was a loss of confidence in my self and a wounded heart. The truth is I always knew in my head what they thought didn't matter, but somehow they got to my heart. I've learned over time there are parts of your heart that your head can not protect no matter how hard you try.

What does this have to do with shooting? Shooting has been a healing balm to that wound for the last 5 years. I believe God put a gun in my hand and placed me in the presence of warriors to tell me I belong. Ironically it wasn't in a church pew that he has been healing me but on a playing field with men. Week after week, year after year, he has whispered in my ear…you belong….You Belong…YOU BELONG! He has been using shooting to undo what those two gentlemen did to my heart. His plan is for my heart to be whole again. He who began a good work in me will be faithful to complete it. I'm almost there.

Training to win I believe is my final step in healing. I've come a long way in my healing and a long way in the restoration of my heart and confidence. But for true wholeness of my heart I must accomplish one more thing. I must be able to take the playing field with full confidence and compete to win. I want to experience for once in my life what it feels like to come at this sport with ALL of the power within me. I want to take the playing field with full confidence, no apologies for who I am, a warrior equal to her peers, and play with the intent to win. I want timidity to give way to boldness for I don't have a spirit of fear and timidity, but a spirit of power, love and self discipline within me. I want to shoot in freedom and no longer be bound by a wounded heart.

Why is this important? Why does this matter? Because to do so is to acknowledge to my Creator that I believe….I belong.

I am not an expert at this whole quote thing - so I'll just type to some of the posts in terms of how I see them.

The stage win: You are now in the dynamic. You've won a stage - something you'd not done before. Truth be told, that doesn't change anything, but in your mind it does. You've got to remove the pre-conception so you can get back (yes, reverse) to where you were. Which was shooting perfectly!

Training to win . . .

Read Patino's book. Or Larry Bossidy's business book on execution.

I love this last post. It is in all of us. The challenge is NOT what we want. The challenge is what we DECIDE to go get.

Winning, in my mind, has nothing to do with want. It has everything to do with doing. Through the sludge, the snow, the peak of the mountain and the depths of the ocean - it has nothing to do with want. It has everything to do with what we decide.

The marathon runner that is just as tired as the others, yet decides to do better.

I just need to realize when the sun breaks over that mountain and I'm looking at the most amazing thing I've ever seen that there is more(that's your stage win, or my getting my PPL . . . it's seeing us achieving goals). And that in order to get that "more" I can't sit idly at that mountain's step. That indeed, I must continue to climb . . .

J

**edited to remove some religious undertones I feared may have broken forum rules**

Edited by j1b

Bed Side Report

You have a 65 year old female found down in her home unresponsive by her daughter. The time down is unknown but daughter started CPR right away and called the medics. On the scene medics defibrillated 3 times and regained a pulse. She also was intubated by medics. She has a past medical history of: diabetes, coronary artery disease with stents, arthritis, anxiety, depression, and recently loss her husband to cancer. Currently she is …

This is how my day begins at work. Before I begin to take care of patients I sit down with the nurse who has had the patient on the previous shift and I get report. Report always begins with the patient's story. What happened? Why are they here? We also want to know what the patient's past medical history is. The reason these are such important factors is because it gives us context to the situation. Our patients are not merely a diagnosis lying in a bed. They have a story and a history that has brought them to this moment.

We all have a story and a history that has brought us to this moment. For me sharing Wounded Warrior was my way of giving you bedside report. I shared it to give you context. I allowed you a sneak peak into my heart so that you would know there are reasons other than just "winning" that I'm out here. ;)

I found this article as I was checking out a strength training sight Catfish gave me a lead to....I thought it was AWESOME. Here is a portion of the article that really got to me.

"The truest measure of strength goes much deeper than the muscles we have on our body, the weight we can lift, or the speed at which we can run. True strength swells within us and drives us to create something great. Building an outstanding physique and powerful body is only an outward display of this inner strength."

http://stronglifts.com/building-inner-stre...m-tyler-durden/

That's a good article... thanks for sharing :) Not only one of my favorite movies, but an interesting message to be gleaned from it... It reminded me of a conversation I've been having off and on with a friend about believing in oneself and the path he'd chosen to follow... http://re-gun.blogspot.com/2007/12/trick-is-not-to-care.html

That's a good article... thanks for sharing :) Not only one of my favorite movies, but an interesting message to be gleaned from it... It reminded me of a conversation I've been having off and on with a friend about believing in oneself and the path he'd chosen to follow... http://re-gun.blogspot.com/2007/12/trick-is-not-to-care.html

Welcome to the party..pal!

Great post on your blog. :D

Let's Get Physical

It's the end of the year. I really don't like the Christmas season…too much stress… but I LOVE the beginning of a new year. There is nothing better than to sit down and write down goals for the New Year. I love fresh starts. The beginning of a new year, the beginning of a new month, and even the beginning of a new week is an opportunity for a "do over". Remember the movie City Slickers when the guys were trying to explain to the guy going through a divorce that his life was a do over and how great that was?? I love that!! Anyway….

The biggest change to my workout program will not be in what I do but HOW I do it. I have a weakness. I don't like to keep records. Yep, I'm the wife that doesn't write down the checks in the check book. I also don't keep track of the amount of weight I'm lifting, the distances I'm swimming, or the time it takes me to ski on my Nordic track. I'm a record keeper misfit. The reason I must change this about myself is because I need to see achievement. I can't see improvements or short comings if I don't record. So even though this will cause me GREAT EMOTIONAL PAIN, I'm going to keep records.

My physical workout program is basically what I did last year so I know it works for me. Again what is different is HOW I will be doing it. No more just lap swimming or skiing with no workout plan in mind. I'm going to time the distances, intervals, etc….I'm going to make myself sweat, check my pulse, and push to the point of nausea. I've talked a little about training to the pain for mental toughness in my other diary. Record keeping, pushing myself to the point of discomfort, following a workout plan, all of these things are mental toughness exercises for me. I really don't want to do those things but I'm going to because I know the fruit of that labor is going to help put me in a position to win. Win on the playing field?? Perhaps, but the most important win here is for me to be master over my mind and body. ;)

I've already begun my program but I'm not if full swing yet. I'm still working on a record keeping system that doesn't feel abusive to me. I've got some ideas on how to trick my mind but I haven't tried them out yet.

Here is the line up for what I'll be doing.

Lift 3 times a week

Nordic track ski 3 times a week

Swim 2 times a week

Stretch/flexibility 5 times a week

Rest 2 days a week

Just some thoughts to sort of "catch up" to what I've missed ;)

Yes, I totally think you can train to win. However, I find it very distracting and counterproductive to set out to do that in a literal sense. Really, its more a matter of training all of the various skills required to put you in the best possible position to win. I could totally see where Jack found the pursuit of winning - as a be-all, end-all type of thing - to be self defeating. My experiences match his in terms of pursuing winning directly - though Jack has far more experience with it at a higher level than I do.

Instead of targetting winning directy, I focus on all of the things that I need to do to be in position to win - practicing appropriate shooting skills, practicing mental skills, nutrition, game day preparations, etc.

Once you start winning.... nothing changes. You're still the same shooter, and the same human being. The same skills still work. You keep doing what works, especially now that you have the formula.

Shooting and spiritual healing... well, you already know the similarity of our paths in this regard :) I have no doubts that progress in either one will help the other for you.

Jack's comment:

Winning, in my mind, has nothing to do with want. It has everything to do with doing. Through the sludge, the snow, the peak of the mountain and the depths of the ocean - it has nothing to do with want. It has everything to do with what we decide.

The marathon runner that is just as tired as the others, yet decides to do better.

Excellent. Winning has everything to do with being willing to do the work. We make the choice to "suffer" (sometimes literally) for the choices we've made - and that investment compounds interest.

Are you still planning on making the FL Open?? I'm really looking forward to seeing you there, if so. ;)

Are you still planning on making the FL Open?? I'm really looking forward to seeing you there, if so. ;)

No I'm not going to make it to the Florida Open <_< It came down to $$$. :angry2: Dave was willing to send just Jackson and me :wub: but that didn't feel right. Once I really thought about it I decided I rather spend that money on the entire family and not just me :rolleyes: The family will be attending A6 in May. I'm really looking forward to that match. Basically my plan is to return to major matches in which I got my butt kicked and do better. For example: Lady Smith Match in April, A6 in May, Nationals in June perhaps or whenever Nationals is???etc... I'm on the road to redemption. ;)