Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to Buy Pocket Pro Timer

berettashooter

The PACT Club Timer, or the PACT MkIV, are A-OK. Here is the PACT web page on their timers. http://www.pact.com/time.html The MkIV comes with an integrated Chronograph if you like features.

The CE Pocket Pro seems cheesy to me. JMO anyway.

If you buy a PACT from Brian, you will shoot A's faster (that's if ya practice with it a whole lot) ;~)

Regards,

I have tried Pact, CED, and CE. I bought the CE Pocket Pro and never looked back. It has few buttons. It is easy to operate. It has long battery life. I have only changed the battery about twice in 4 years of heavy use at every match. It goes beep every time. No misses. Even though I do... ^_^

JM2C

Liota

Definitely PACT Club II.

All the features (well, almost all) of a CED 6000 in a more economic/ergonomic, compact and appealing case.

I just managed to persuade other 10 teammates of mine to buy one a couple of years ago.

Appologies to our host, but I hated the Club II timer, and got POed by Pact's 'customer service.'

Here's the short version on my interaction with Pact. My CED 6000 had been stolen 2 months before a major match :(, and I decided to get the Club timer to practice for the match. I ordered one, and they said I'd have it in 2 weeks :). I ended up having to call them three or four times , and a week before the match the guy says, 'They are just starting to roll of the line now.' :huh: Five weeks after they said I'd have it, and they're just now being made? Anyway, I explained my that I had a match in a week, and asked if they could overnight the timer. They said, "sure, as soon as your order comes up!" :angry: The timer arrived the day after I got back from the match. :wacko::angry:

Compared to the CED 6000, the Pact was more difficult to use and seemed less rugged. My biggest complaint is that they put the sensitivity adjustment behind the battery. Think about that, you have to take off the battery cover and take out the battery to adjust the sensitivity, then put it all together again to see if you got the adjustment right. If you didn't, you have to take it apart again. This leads to 'solutions' like taping an earplug to your timer when shooting indoors. I ended up getting another CED, and giving the Pact away.

Using the CED:

to start the timer, you hit the 'start' button.

to review your times (with splits) and reset the timer, you hit the 'review' button.

For par time, there are three buttons marked '0.1' , '1.0' and '10.0' . Can you guess how you set the par time? The 'Clear' button clears the par time.

It's not quite that easy to set multiple par times, but it's still intuitive.

Can anyone explain how to do those things with a Pact? I can't.

To be fair, that was a few year ago, so maybe they have gotten better. Still, I'll never own another Pact product.