Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which sights are interchangeable?

mscott

If you have a slide machined to low mount a J-Point, will anything else fit? Burris, Docter, Optima, Trijicon, etc.?

Docter will not fit but the optima and old fire sight are the exact same!

I dont know about the Burris or trijicon?

depends on what you are talking about.

They all have mounts that will fit the same slide cut. In other words a bmcs cut is a bmcs cut and all the mounts will fit that.

As for all fitting on the same mount that has been addressed.

If the slide is machined for the JPoint with no other mount in place then you are going to do best to stick with the JPoint, but odds are there is some sort of aluminum mount in place.

J-Point and old Optima share the same mounts..The Docter and the Burris Fastfire share the same mounts..

Have no knowledge about any of the other new sights in this category and there are a few of them..

J-Points are good but I believe that the Burris and Docter are much better..Brighter,stronger but a bit heavier..

I really like this type of sight..

I assume you are talking about a slide that has been machined for a direct

mount ("melted in") sight, with no adapter plates.

Docter and Burris FastFire are the same. I've been told that by Burris, and personally

examined both sights. They are the same mount hole/dowel pin pattern.

JP, Optima, and Trijicon are all supposed to be the same. At least that's what

I've heard.

Ultradot L/T is it's own pattern AFAIK.

The little Pride Fowler "Special Ops Compact LED" sight---no idea. They did tell

me it's different from Docter, but I don't know if it matches any of the others.

I think Venry from Radical Precision Designs was messing with one a while

back--maybe he will share his knowledge.

Bill

The Jpoint, Trijicon RedDot, and Tasco Optima 2000 are all made by the same company called "FirePoint", so all are the same fit. The Docter Sight has the same spacing between the hold down screws, but is in a different relationship to the 4 corner pin holes, and is a different footprint all together. The Burris Fastfire is a direct copy of the Docter dimensions, but quality control being in question.

• 14 years later...

Not sure if this falls in line with the original question, I'll just ask. Do I understand this correctly. Exp, I have a tasco optima 2000 that is mounted to a 1911 via the rear sight dovetail. The base of the 2000 slides into the dovetail cut on the slide & the top of the 2000 screws to the bottom plate via 2 screws.

Now, my 2000's dot will not adjust / I can't get the dot to sight in.

Being the 2000 is not sold anymore, I can buy a J-Point and it will attach the same & be a replacement for the 2000? Any other brands?

1 hour ago, jjciii said:

Not sure if this falls in line with the original question, I'll just ask. Do I understand this correctly. Exp, I have a tasco optima 2000 that is mounted to a 1911 via the rear sight dovetail. The base of the 2000 slides into the dovetail cut on the slide & the top of the 2000 screws to the bottom plate via 2 screws.

Now, my 2000's dot will not adjust / I can't get the dot to sight in.

Being the 2000 is not sold anymore, I can buy a J-Point and it will attach the same & be a replacement for the 2000? Any other brands?

Shield RMS share the same fodprint, and Vortex Viper i think.