Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mythbusters

iainmcphersn

Yes the "shooting fish in a Barrel" - is that the market had barrels full of fish off the boats so if you hit the barrel you would hit a fish

<_< Them guys putt me off. When they say it didn't happen because they couldn't -Do It-. :angry2:

Why don't we send in a "Myth" That a person could respond to a timer and hit a target at 10 yards in under one second. I bet they "prove" that is just a Myth. :ph34r:

Geeks on TV ..... <_< and what about that one guys name ? isn't that a girls name? :unsure:

James

Edited by AlamoShooter

those guys are so funny......and they are very gun friendly, they've had several gun shooting myths on thier program and they are interesting, like firing a .50 cal into a swimming pool and shooting off padlocks, it's a good program

I'll give them a nod for the gun stuff but what's with the idiot rangemaster from Beverly Hills PD.....what a moron :blink:

They aren't perfect but they are damn entertaining. It is specially funny when things go exactly the way you wouldn't expect them. Bulls in a china shop, mice and elephants, good stuff.

I've only seen the show twice, both happened to be gun myths, and the show got it wrong both times.

Did you know it would be impossible for a 9mm bullet to enter the cylinder of a .38 revolver because the 9mm bullet diameter is to large?

Say what?

I feel sorry for the Mythbuster guys. Can you even imagine the utterly bizarre email they get. The gun stuff would be bad enough. The email from the ESP and free energy people must be surreal.

Oh, and then there's the fans you'd get to meet in public all the time that need to tell you about their amazing "facts"... :ph34r:

Better them than me. The three kids hamming for the camera for 50% of the show is really starting to grate on me though. They need to give that act up for lent.

A friend of mine let the show use his civil war cannon on an episode about wood splinters from a cannon shot killing pirates & etc. He said both the guys act just like the show off camera as well as on camera. Nice guys and fun to be around. He didn't get to meet Kari though. He was bummed.

Mythbusters is cool. They film in NorCal. They did one of the gun episodes at Chabot, the silver dollar quick draw myth. I shot my first match there. :)

I just watched this episode from the DVR. I record all the mythbusters, its great family entertainment:) They do film mostly in Northern California. Chabot is their shooting range of choice it seems.

Oddjob, whats up with the Kari fixation :surprise:

Keith

PS Survivorman is also a pretty good show.