Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3rd Annual FNH-USA Midwest 3-Gun Championships

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know but were you the competitor I saw with a large bloody scrape below one knee??? Ouch!!!

Craig

Might have been me, might have been cpty1, I chewed up my right shin pretty good. Now this morning I saw my foot is all kinds of colors from the blood gravitating down the leg.

Didn't get to see the trailer hitch knee drop move, but heard that may have been a two joint blow with the other knee injuring the bumper of the Suburban. Then there was Benelli2 ice skating down the mat on stage 6 until finally doing the rubber ball bounce down the rocks. Would have like to seen that one too! Misery loves company you know.

Yeah, both legs, I got the right shin and bone bruised the left patella. Hope you're feeling better.

I don't know but were you the competitor I saw with a large bloody scrape below one knee??? Ouch!!!

Craig

Might have been me, might have been cpty1, I chewed up my right shin pretty good. Now this morning I saw my foot is all kinds of colors from the blood gravitating down the leg.

Nope, must have been you as I know who Chris was and it wasn't him I saw the wounded shin on. Who would have thought you would get this much forum publicity over it. :surprise:

Craig

• 6 months later...

Sorry for ressurecting this old thread, but I was looking for the new (2009) thread and saw this discussion and felt I had to but in my $.002...

My biggest gripe was the prize table distribution. <snip>.

You took a gamble picking a bag and not taking the "known quantity" rifle/shotgun/pistol, man up and deal with it. <snip>Polytech

I was one of thost 50th place [or something] competitors. [actually I would have been First Bronze if they would have scored that way <snif> ] I was counting on the free keychain and maybe a t-shirt.

As it stood, I picked up a skimpy black plastic bag with not much in it and was disappointed enough that I didn't really even go through it til I got home. It looked like my "prize was a couple of catalogs and some of the freebie keychains" so I wasn't really excited.

When I got home, however, I went through it and looked at each piece of paper, and I was shocked and amazed at all of the random stuff I did get. In truth, what I did get was the perfect sort of gifts - ones that I needed and would use, but would not be likely to buy for myself.

In total, I got:

• Leupold Cascade Binoculars [the $350 variety]
    bin_lp_casc_n_200.jpg
    Two sets [tops and bottoms] Woolrich Elite Tactical clothing [at about $60-$70 per piece].
    elitelwopant-thumb.gifelitelightweightpant-thumb.gifeliteshirts-thumb.gif
    Plus about $100 worth of miscellaneous doo-dads, everything from an AR front sight tower mount to mil-tec gun oil.
    pix2390916578.jpg

So, all in all, I made a PROFIT on this match, INCLUDING what I spent on AMMO, the Motel and Shakespeares Pizza. [The $$ I spent at the army surplus store and Cabellas doesn't count.. :surprise: ]

The moral of the story is I made out like a BANDIT, and it was completely random. Sure, the top 3 guys in my division got guns that were worth a ton more, but then, on the bright side, I didn't have to pay a transfer fee!

Edited by barrysuperhawk