Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3rd Annual FNH-USA Midwest 3-Gun Championships

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My check and app are in the mail.

Chester

Is there going to be a "trooper" class or just heavy metal?

What is the shooting schedule?

How closely are you following IPSC/USPSA rules? For example, would a Safariland 6004 be acceptable in heavy metal if the retention was always used?

Edited by barrysuperhawk

Chester

How closely are you following IPSC/USPSA rules? For example, would a Safariland 6004 be acceptable in heavy metal if the retention was always used?

Rules are the same as the DPMS Tri-Gun Challenge. At least that is how they were listed when the match was first posted.

Craig

Ken,

What is the shooting schedule for the match, I have heard now that we will be shooting on Friday as well, unlike the years in the past, or is my memory just failing? Typically you see postings including Fridays and that is the day the RO's shoot, give us the scoop please, maybe I missed it in one of the other post ( hate multiple post on same topic), some of us may be hosed on travel or vacation though some may be able to adjust fire without too much trouble, thanks, looking forward to seeing all the folks there, just need to know when to show up with the blasters

jeff

I sent a question about rules, and think that maybe this ought to be clear for all, so here is the response and my response:

For more information about divisions and equipment please read though the 3 gun and Multigun

rules at the USPSA's web site.

And please check out the rules at the Superstition Mountain Mystery 3 gun and the DPMS Tri-Gun.

These will be more inline with what you can expect at the FN Midwest 3 gun.

Trooper and Heavy Metal have nothing in common. Other that both division shoot guns.

Holster that use retention devices are not required nor recommended.

You will get a much better response after you do some leg work reading though the rules of the

matches I listed above.

Sorry I am not able to provide links to them as from my web connection I cannot.

This should help.

Patrick

Pxxxxxx,

Thank you for your response. I suppose I should clarify my question a bit. I am not a new shooter, but I have grown accustomed to every match I go to pretty much making up their own rules with reguards to divisions and classes, so I have learned that when I am planning my rig, there are a few questions I need to ask. For example, In Rolla a few weeks ago, the match director allowed a compensated rifle with a red dot optic to compete in heavy metal, just because it was .308 [m1A socom]. I have also seen a Glock .45 in heavy metal [loaded to capacity] just because it's a .45.

My holster question was specific, because I have shot probably 20 matches with it, but have gotten told no three times and ended up having to shoot a fobus. The Safariland 6004, as I have it set up, is a thigh rig. 17 out of 20 matches have not blinked an eye at this [in Rolla, a couple of the RO's were running this same rig]. However, a couple of matches in northern Illinois have hauled out the green book and gesticulated wildly about the "no thigh rig's" and the "butt of the gun" rules. Ergo, my question about how tightly are you enforcing IPSC/USPSA rules. DPMS rules state:"7.2.1 Any holster, which will safely retain the handgun during vigorous movement, is allowed." but USPSA rules disallow drop or thigh rigs and tie downs.

I just don't want to show up at the match and have to look for another holster [or other piece of kit] because of a miscommunication about the rules.

Which set of rules will be used, pretty much all of the matches listed in a previous post utilize subtle differences as to weapons allowed in each division.

In years past I believe DPMS tri gun rules were used will this hold true for this years match? Heavy Metal rules differ as to what type of handgun is allowed and what capacity, also what shotgun is allowed auto or pump, and whether or not an optic is allowed on the rifle.

Please Clarify.

Thanks Trapr

Which set of rules will be used, pretty much all of the matches listed in a previous post utilize subtle differences as to weapons allowed in each division.

In years past I believe DPMS tri gun rules were used will this hold true for this years match? Heavy Metal rules differ as to what type of handgun is allowed and what capacity, also what shotgun is allowed auto or pump, and whether or not an optic is allowed on the rifle.

Please Clarify.

Thanks Trapr

I have gotten PM'd that the DPMS tri-gun rules are it {pasted above} so I am operating under that assumption. My previous question about trooper class, was partially because I confused myself trying to sign up for 3 matches at once...

Ken,

What is the shooting schedule for the match, I have heard now that we will be shooting on Friday as well, unlike the years in the past, or is my memory just failing? Typically you see postings including Fridays and that is the day the RO's shoot, give us the scoop please, maybe I missed it in one of the other post ( hate multiple post on same topic), some of us may be hosed on travel or vacation though some may be able to adjust fire without too much trouble, thanks, looking forward to seeing all the folks there, just need to know when to show up with the blasters

jeff

Last year we shot on Friday. This year is the same, the match starts Friday at 8:00 am and we should be done with awards by noon on Sunday.

Ken

Please Clarify.

Thanks Trapr

I have gotten PM'd that the DPMS tri-gun rules are it {pasted above} so I am operating under that assumption. My previous question about trooper class, was partially because I confused myself trying to sign up for 3 matches at once...

Yes we are using the DPMS Tri-Gun rules. All handgun shooting will be done from the holster.

Ken

In the may/june 2008 Frontsight, on page 79 they list the match dates as May 18-20 for a CMMG 3 gun match. The website www.fireforeffect.biz lists the match dates for the FNH 3 gun as June 6-8, 2008 at the Fire For Effect Range in Fayette, MO (CMMG Range).

I am guessing that the dates just got screwed up, but on the off chance that there are 2 separate matches at the same range, 3 weeks apart, I figured it was worth posting up and asking. Otherwise, someone needs to call Frontsight [although by the next issue it will be too late...]

Update Info:

We have added a 9th stage for the match. The match schedule, Squading list and Squad schedule should be available this week on fireforeffect.biz

We still have slots available for the match.

Please contact me with any questions.

Thanks,

Ken

kenf@fnhusa.com

Edited by FNMAN

Also, could the shotgun rules be made easier. 9 loaded rounds at the start, then load as you go after the beep. A lot of the competitors have 9 round tubes on their guns. Otherwise I will make a plug to limit the tube to 8 rounds.

What other details can you give us, roundcounts, number of stages, do we need to bring lunches, If a competetor is not staying at the official match hotel, do we have to go there for any reason [pick up range books, etc]? That kind of stuff.

Is the range Girlfriend friendly [running water and real toilets or porta-potties]?

<--- "looks for range" That's appropriate.

Edited by barrysuperhawk

Barry, I'm not an official spokesperson, but I do stay at the Holiday inn express for the match.

The range would in my opinion be girl friendly, several shoot the match and RO. As I recall all registering is done at the range, so going to the match hotel is not required, unless it has changed from previous years.

As for round counts and ammo types needed that would be good info, anybody got answers???????????

Trapr

There is more information on this match (squad list, squad schedule, round counts) on a thread in the Missouri section of the Hometown forum on www.AR15.com. I think it is a tacked thread at the top.

I don't know how to post this properly for a link to that information. Sorry.

There is more information on this match (squad list, squad schedule, round counts) on a thread in the Missouri section of the Hometown forum on www.AR15.com. I think it is a tacked thread at the top.

I don't know how to post this properly for a link to that information. Sorry.

Well, I just copied the info from the tacked thread:

=======================

We are please to announce the dates for the 3rd annual Midwest 3-Gun Championships, sponsored by FNH-USA. The match will be held June 6-8, 2008 at the Fire For Effect Range in Fayette, MO (CMMG Range). The prize table will include over 50 guns as well as thousands of dollars of other prizes. We will have an entry form available soon. Entries will be cut off at 150 and the price of the match will be $185. Last year almost a 1/3 of the entries took home guns! Please email with any questions. kenf@fnhusa.com.

Hope to see you there!

Steve

Entry Form

Sponsor Form

Match Schedule

Squad List

** UPDATE **

We now have a tentitive round count for the match.

Pistol 130

Rifle 96

Shotgun 81

M-249 SAW Machine Gun 10

Yes that is right! We will have a M-249 machine gun the shooter will start with on one stage. The shooter will be able to makeup any shots missed when they transition to their rifle.

There will also be several side matches, one run by Nordic Components to demo their new 10/22 stock. Prize will be a fully loaded 10/22 from them.

We will also have over 40 firearms as prizes!

We have decided to add a Heavy Tactical Optics Class to the match. The rules are the same as DPMS The Tri-Gun Challenge.

Schedule:

Friday-Registration from 7:00-8:30

Shooters Meeting 8:45-9:00

Match starts 9:00-12:00

Lunch 12:00-1:00

Match 1:00-5:00

Saturday-Match Starts 8:00-12:00

Lunch 12:00-1:00

Match 1:00-5:00

Sunday-Match Starts 8:00-10:00

Team Event 10:00-11:00

Awards 11:00-12:00

==========================

I didn't check the links -- just posted the message as it was on the www.AR15.com forum

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Edited by LChico

Brian, you are my hero. Shooting on squad 2 and 12! I knew you were fast but wow! looking forward to seeing you.

Bring it on Brit....if I didn't know any better, I would think you have a little South Texan in ya.

Only if your lucky.

See you all in a month.

Ty

Edited by Ty Gentry

Heavy Metal and Heavy Tactical Optics. Any holster is fine as long as it is safe. Schedule should be posted on fireforeffect.biz this week. I have completed squading to date as well.

Ken

Chester