Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kalishnikov Style 12ga.

TBF

See one? I just bought one! Actually it is in 20 gauge. Here is the scoop: NOTE LIMIMTED LIMITED LIMITED!! (read on). Its a typical AK design, it is VERY reliable. THere is an adjustable 2 position gas system. If the shooter does not adjust it for light loads, and the gun jams, then that is the shooters fault. Beyond that, these guns WORK. Also, the 20 I have recoils less and shoots flatter than my limited SX2. It fits me fine. As for individual shotgun "fit" perhaps an English BE member can explain the importance of this.

Now the downside: 5 round mags. You thought the magazine limit under the clinton ban was 10? So did I. Not for semi-auto shotguns w/ detachable mags (no, not the tube type fixed mags). You saw the 10 round shotgun drum adds in Shotgun News? Those are only for pumps. Adapt one of those to a semi and you may just end up in Club Fed. You cannot buy or build the 8 round mags for a Saiga shotgun; there were supposedly some Russian 8 rounders out there and I looked. Forget about it. You WILL be stuck w/ 5 rounders (6 rounds loaded at the beep).

So here is the test for LIMITED only: from an empty gun, can you load and shoot 9 rounds out of an SX2, 1100, benelli LIMITED gun FASTER than you could load and fire 2 mags full out of the Saiga? Maybe w/ lotsa practice you could. I have not managed to do it yet. In theory its possible to load 2 mags into the gun faster than 9 shells. This gun cost me $160 from CDNN vs. $800 for my SX2. Is it the answer for limited? you decide. BTW, this discussion applies only to LIMITED; I don't screw around w/ that open stuff.