6" 2011 Limited Guns

dirtypool40

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know who the lucky bastard is that is getting this gun from Dan but he better never let me find him or the gun is mine :devil: Personally I think this is one of the most proportional looking 6" guns I have seen. Awesome work again, surprise surprise :D

Bedell_tactical_6.bmp

Edited by smokshwn

Here is my Caspian 6" high cap. I just finished it mechanicaly and test fired yesterday. Its "Tight and Right" as it functioned flawlessly, and accuratly. This week I will do the final cosmetic touches and have it out to IONBOND by mid week. Once the finishing is complete she will be a beauty. I did not lighten the slide as it was to my surprise not overweight. The slides I have for other guns all weighed MORE. I am happy with the feel of an unlightened slide and prefer them.

post-6767-1206273484.jpg

My 6" unique slide came in from STI yesterday, with sight cuts, flattop etc that I ordered. I'll be mating it with a tactical frame, going with the Brazos style holes in slide, recoil plug cut, Holes in rear of slide also. plus going to use the recoil plug cut to reach inside the slide and do some more lightening that won't show on outside. My goal is 12oz with sights and everything else. That way it will weight the same as my 5". Then I be able to compare the two. They will identical except for that one inch.

Going to fit the barrel and test fire, then off for milling, then install the sites.

Edited by cking

I finally got my top end built and have put 500+ rounds through it without a problem. I plan on shooting it some more and then get it lightened and Ion bonded.

Neal in AZ

post-922-1206561348.jpg

Edited by Intel6

I finally got my top end built and have put 500+ rounds through it without a problem. I plan on shooting it some more and then get it lightened and Ion bonded.

Neal in AZ

Looks good, Neal! You gonna be at Pima anytime soon? I'd like to ask about running a couple rounds through your 6" to see how it feels.

Andrew in Tucson

Neal in AZ

Good job Neal. Bring it to Pima and let me try it out also.

Andy & Jason,

Thanks for the kind words. It went togeather easy and is shooting good. I am heading out this afternoon to put some more rounds through it. I am planning to shooting the 1st Sunday but there is something looming that may preclude me even being in the state that weekend.

If I am not there the 1st then it will probably be the 3rd and you can give it a test drive then.

Neal in AZ

Here's some more. All the 6" guns except one were built by Benny and they were all previously posted on the forum in older threads. The one with the black grip and Caspian slide was built by Virgil Tripp and I turned it down when he offered it to me. I had him build me a 5" instead. Then Merlin ended up with the Virgil gun (of course).

post-6525-1206766622.jpg

post-6525-1206766637.jpg

post-6525-1206808933.jpg

post-6525-1206809051.jpg

Edited by jasmap

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here is my "new" baby that HSmith built for me. It is an absolute dream to shoot!!!

I just got it back from Tripp research with a fresh hard chrome finish.

Howardincasings2.jpg

edited to fix the photobucket error...

Edited by Zerwas