• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some much better pics......

Bedell63.jpg

Bedell62.jpg

Bedell61.jpg

Paul I will pay your entry fee to the Open just so I can shoot that thing. Does it feel as good as it looks? If it's like my experience with the ladies, if they feel good they don't look as good.

:rolleyes:

Paul I will pay your entry fee to the Open just so I can shoot that thing. Does it feel as good as it looks? If it's like my experience with the ladies, if they feel good they don't look as good.

:rolleyes:

Roy, start saving your pennies now, 'kuz once you shoot this pistol you'll want one of your own....

Trust me, 'kuz the same thing happened to me....

Good luck.

Here's a few pics of a pair of six inch guns I picked up from Infinity.

They're six inch guns (bushing barrels) that use a 5inch guid rod and recoil plug. They lengthened the frame rails which allowed them to do this. Guns are very accurate and forgiving (sloppy to no sight picture) The slide retains a standard spring tunnel and government profile. The slides are tri-topped and internally lightened.

post-746-1199678439.jpg

post-746-1199678447.jpg

post-746-1199678452.jpg

Edited by GeneralChang

Sheldon, any idea why the frame rails had to be lengthened? I have been running 5" recoil systems in mine from the beginning....

EDIT: forgot to mention, those are some pretty darn sweet looking guns. I like the clean lines a lot.

Edited by HSMITH

Sheldon, any idea why the frame rails had to be lengthened? I have been running 5" recoil systems in mine from the beginning....

EDIT: forgot to mention, those are some pretty darn sweet looking guns. I like the clean lines a lot.

It's a "target" frame as they called it. Slide to frame fit is really tight and smooth. I wonder how much weight came off the slide (spring tunnel) as a result. It looks cleaner in my opinion than a gun with the long stirrup cut. The guns aren't too heavy.

How do you run a 5inch recoil rod in your guns, are you cutting the spring tunnel from the front or are you using some kinda special recoil plug?

That is a neat way of making a five into a six by lengthening the "middle". :blink: They are using a five inch long dust cover, rod and spring plug. By lengthening the gframe rails and moving the guide rod heads rest/location spot, it moves the whole works forward. This effectively trades the weight from the slide into the frame. This is a CNC "fed" program, which obviously now they have for future use. Obviously this set-up can only work by matching their frame and slide set-up, or (aftermarket) by cutting down the dust cover on a regular six inch slide and milling off the "longer" rail section on the "new" Inifinity frame. The frame should be a bit heavier. But, Howard, like you said, is a matter of "juggling" weight around from one component to the other.

It is nice to have a major manufacturer come up with fresh ideas from the bottom up. This one reflects Infinity's "new" approach at making systems entirely dependents on their in house manufactured components. Unfortunately, lately it is becoming impossible to obtain/buy just frames from them. I guess they can barely meet their own demands. Busy place there, and great work and R&D. Kudos to Sandy and Brandon. :cheers:

Edited by Radical Precision Designs

Sheldon, thanks for the info. Venry too. I will second the kudos to SV for not staying in the 'box', I assumed it was more or less a "mid length" frame with the recoil shoulder moved forward with longer rails and matching slide but wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something. Has me thinking PPC/Bianchi/tweener. Tweener = I could make one of those feel just like an edge for the guys that dig that feel, and give them an inch of sight radius free...... We all want cake, and we want to eat that cake, and we want it NOW! Looks like SV is working on making sure we can get our cake.

Sheldon, I am using a special plug, 5" rod and spring. Less mass in the frame and recoil system, then I take the mass of the longer dustcover back out of the slide, at least on most of them. I am filling a smaller niche with my 6" guns, and that is OK with me. I only want to build a few very special guns per year and that is what I am doing. Think of the 6" guns I have posted as 'light 5" guns with a full 6" sight radius", plus a bit ;) Your guns are very cool and unique. That is what I am trying to do as well, just in a bit different direction.

I think it is super cool that we can all find what we want with so many different approaches!! I would really like to shoot a bunch of these different guns side by side and see what I see, and then hear what everyone else that shoots them saw....

Unfortunately, lately it is becoming impossible to obtain/buy just frames from them. I guess they can barely meet their own demands. Busy place there, and great work and R&D. Kudos to Sandy and Brandon. :cheers:

Didn't I read somewhere recently that SV was no longer selling frames and would only be selling complete guns?