dirtypool40

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The prototype ultralight 6"........

WOW, that is freakin' gorgeous. Might have to start saving my pennies.

SURE IS... I SAW IT AT AREA 3 THIS YEAR AND NOW I'M HAVING HOWARD BUILD ME ONE... SIMPLY AWESOME!!

Edited by Zerwas

Bart, spend a little time behind one....

Bul, don't sell that that Benny blaster short, it may not have bells and whistles hanging off every corner but I know it is accurate, reliable, and has a great trigger.

My premise is this, if I can build a 6" gun that handles like an 5" and weighs what an 5" does but you gain an inch of sight radius where can you go wrong? I still have not met anyone that can truly call a shot that doesn't KNOW a 6" gun is a better tool after they shoot it. Ultralight isn't for everyone and ultralight is what I do in 6" guns, but the premise is the same regardless of who builds the gun.

Not at all, this is what I wanted when I discussed the slide cuts with Benny. The weight and balance is perfect for me. It is not an ultralight by any means but definitely lighter than my SV LDC . I wanted a simple no frills gun.

Edited by bulm540

Have any of you weighted your compete slide (sights, etc)? I'm just curious how much weight is moving on all these different guns.

Mine is 13.3oz

Venry said the slide with internals weighs roughly 10.1 ounces. :surprise:

Edited by dirtypool40

One I stole from Canyon Creek Custom's website!

STI frame, Caspian slide, Snake bellied top with flutes, raised 25 lpi checkering cocking pad, flutes in the rear, 40lpi serrations on the rear, Nowlin barrel,extractor, and sear spring, EGW sear, slide stop, FP stop,Barrel bushing, and ejector, Lim-Cat firing pin, B0-mar rear, Brazos Micro dot front,SS guide rod, Ed Brown grip safety, STI magwell, Keonig hammer, ZM main spring housing, SV trigger, C&S disconnector, KG Gun Kote flat black. $2,850.00

sti-6-_5_axvh.gif

Edited by Tokarev

Here are a couple of the first bushing 6" gun built by Benny in 2003. It,s brother was used by Benny for quite a while untill someone just had to have it. I still think it is the best ballanced of all the 6" pistols he has built, but that is a personal thing. Front and back serations were milled off and the serations were put in the middle of the slide. The window cuts on the side and top are a bit more than the recent ones, but after many rounds I don't notice any trouble. Barrel is a Nowlin, and it is SLOW!!! I needed .2 grains more than my 5" pistol to make the same velocity, HOWEVER it is EXTREAMLY ACCURATE!! The best group I have shot with it is 1.5" at 50 yards for 5 rounds (wish I could do that all the time), and I average right around 2.5-3 most of the time. It has a standard spring plug, so a 5" spring is bearly compresed once assembled! A 14# spring feels like a 10# spring. BTW the last of the "bull barrel guns is owned by a friend of mine V.C.Gunfighter. I plan to have My 5" back up gun done sometime by Benny to look just like the 6". NO ONE builds a better 6" in My opinion and not only is he one of my longest sponsors he is one of My best friends!! Kurt Miller

post-1176-1195705484.jpg

post-1176-1195705534.jpg

"NO ONE builds a better 6" in My opinion and not only is he one of my longest sponsors he is one of My best friends!! Kurt Miller "

...and if Benny ever feels a pressing need to move to New Zealand, I will use all my conciderable influence to make that happen for him!

"NO ONE builds a better 6" in My opinion and not only is he one of my longest sponsors he is one of My best friends!! Kurt Miller "

...and if Benny ever feels a pressing need to move to New Zealand, I will use all my conciderable influence to make that happen for him!

Same thing if he decides to move to France :D

PaulW came out today and finally took a better pic of the new blaster.

Finally getting some rounds through it, and I'm still likin' it. :cheers:

I told you so :cheers:

That blaster Venry cooked up for you is REALLY cool, fantastic and original work.