Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lead prices to come back down?

Singlestack Wonder

What does it take to process lead ore(galina)

I know where a whole mountain of the stuff is ...BLM land and you CAN get a mining claim on it.

It could be a new gold rush :rolleyes:

Jim

Good luck on the smelting permit. You will produce a LOT of sulfur in the form of sulfur dioxide. And it will be tainted with lead. In light of the Omaha Nebraska Superfund cleanup of lead smelter produced lead contamination, you better have a sealed factory. I would think about making sulfuric acid as the by-product as it has a good market value and requires only oxygen (from the air) and water. Plus a bit of energy.

What does it take to process lead ore(galina)

I know where a whole mountain of the stuff is ...BLM land and you CAN get a mining claim on it.

It could be a new gold rush :rolleyes:

Jim

Good luck on the smelting permit. You will produce a LOT of sulfur in the form of sulfur dioxide. And it will be tainted with lead. In light of the Omaha Nebraska Superfund cleanup of lead smelter produced lead contamination, you better have a sealed factory. I would think about making sulfuric acid as the by-product as it has a good market value and requires only oxygen (from the air) and water. Plus a bit of energy.

And all this time I've been using it as an air freshener.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Looks like lead prices is starting to come down. From $3,500 / Tonne 2 weeks ago and now 2900 / tonne. Looks like there is hope.http://www.lme.co.uk/lead.asp

Cool web page. Here's the historical lead prices per ton, for last 7 years (and last year).

post-985-1197329616.jpg

post-985-1197329632.jpg