Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 35 With Kkm Barrel Using Vv 320

racine

I was thinking of switching to V V 320 from 340. I was using 5.5 gr of 340 for Ranier bullets but have just switched to moly coated and was going to use vv320. My current chrono is not believable right now and I'll have to wait to use a friends. Anyone care to share what weight in grs your using to make major? I use a supported KKM 5.3" barrel with moly coated 177gr bullets to an OAL of 1.130. Thanks in advance for any and all assistance here.

racine

IMO Glock barrels are fast. I loaded 4.9 @ 1.130 w/fed SP's and Zero 180's and made major but I have not gone back to the chrono since I switched to a Jarvis barrel.

I doubt you will make it with 4.2. Good place to start though. Thats about what I use for my minor load.

• 4 weeks later...

:D Thought I'd give you fellas a followup on your great advice. I chrono'ed at sealevel to 174 PF with V V 320 expecting that shooting at altitude in Bend, Oregon at lower temperatures would bump me down to 167 or so. Well shooting the Area 1 Section Championships at 34-39 deg. and snowing shook my confidence seeing may shooters come in at 164.4-164.8 PF. I however had ammo sitting around for 3 hrs in 39 deg temps and still chrono'ed at 173 PF! I guess having the same chronographs they had helped...

Thanks Again,

Racine

:) 4.6 gr. w/OAL of 1.130 out of a KKM barrel and Win SP primers. This message will self destruct after 30 sec. The IMF will disavow any knowlege of your team and mission. You will accept responsibility for any results you initiate... Good Luck Mr. Phelps...

Racine

• 3 months later...

I posted a similar question on a different topic, but it is directly related to the W320

I am using for my .40 G23 with KKM barrel with Comp the following and I am getting 173pf

180 grs West Coast bullets

4.9 grs W320

OAL 1135

Crimp 419

I just started with this recipe and am happy with the PF which makes major but I am looking for any advice on the safety of the loads or others experience.

Thanks