Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AIRSOFT!

Rocket35

Thanks. That's what I was looking for. I'd agree a sub-forum here would be a nice little addition.

Dentrinity and Uncompany look like the best places to get parts should/when the need arises to replace/upgrade "stuff". I'd like set mine up like an open gun sometime.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I used to be heavy into mil-sim airsoft. One thing about these guns is that the magazines cost tons of money and can be fragile. I haven't been read up on it for a while, but its a good idea to hit up the major airsoft forums and read there about how to care for your mags and guns. Oh and I'd check out what retailers are reputable. If I remember airsplat used to have a bad rep and some international companies have troubles with their shipments to the states getting seized by customs. Things like that are always changing so its a good idea to check up before you buy.

got mive 2day...has the new aluminum slide. but, how thw heck do you guyz remove that orange tip on the muzzle (i know about the import laws and risk).

One of these with a cutting disk!!!!

WHOA! :surprise: Not nesessary! Just grab onto it with a pliers and pull it straight off. It is only friction fitted in there. No need to grind or cut it off!~

• 4 weeks later...
Found out about a new airsoft "blaster" at Uncompany:

ksc-sti-edge-bk_big.jpg

I saw this one too, unfortunately I couldnt find spare magazines for this guy, so I picked up a WA Hi Capa for from Airsplat and then picked up an STI Slide. Its at Gans Guns right now getting a spare Dawson FO Front Sight installed and hopefully the same slide lightening as my Edge. The rails are smaller and Gary wasnt sure it would fit in his mill fixture. My spare EGW magwell required some sanding to fit, but works great. I also undercut the trigger guard, sanded the grip down and applied TruGrip and the thing is very nice. I am having some occasional cooling problems, reducing velocity on cool days, but it is chilly outside even in NC these days.

So far I've had the Hi Capa for about two weeks and picked up two spare mags making three total. The biggest problem I've had is designing a "bullet trap" to keep from picking up BB's all over the garage.

I did read (maybe on this forum) that following the BB with your eyes instead of the sight is a potential problem....I also read that using black BB's makes them invisible. I tried some black BB's and even against a white background you really cant see them.

I'll post some pics when my baby is back from Gans and all together.

Edited by CDRODA396

• 3 weeks later...