Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Two years ago we stayed at the Days Inn the next exit down. Nice place, quiet and real easy access back to the match hotel and range without needing to use the highway unless you want to. Rooms were considerably cheaper than the match hotel.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two years ago we stayed at the Days Inn the next exit down. Nice place, quiet and real easy access back to the match hotel and range without needing to use the highway unless you want to. Rooms were considerably cheaper than the match hotel.

I stay up the road at the "Snooze Inn" when I shoot at Tri-County. About 50 something per and never had a problem. An older building

Edited by underlug

Called the Match hotel and they do still have rooms available. The rooms are set aside in a block for match participants. The hotel is full up outside of the block of rooms so you have to tell them you are with the match in order to make a reservation. Not sure what's going on with the link on the match website. Should work if you just call the hotel and tell them you're with us.

...Not sure what's going on with the link on the match website...

Looks like HI's dropped the reference to (and group price for) the event, at least from the dedicated link/page they'd set up prior.

Time to phone I guess...

Looks like HI's dropped the reference to (and group price for) the event, at least from the dedicated link/page they'd set up prior.

Time to phone I guess...

I just booked through the dedicated link and got the match rate for Thursday night only since I am shooting all day Friday.

Time to phone I guess...

I just booked through the dedicated link and got the match rate for Thursday night only since I am shooting all day Friday.

The dedicated link used to refer to the event, had a code, and purported to have a special rate.

At least the rates didn't go up..! :wacko:

Just a quick update on the match. We are now over $100,000.00 in sponsorship for the match. We're still getting more and more sponsors so I expect this number to go up (not a whole lot but a little). I expect the match to fill up. If you've been on the fence about coming, get your application in quick. We've also had a few cancellations and some spots on the other schedules have opened up. If you need or want to switch to a Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun schedule let me know and I'll see what I can do. You don't want to miss this match.

For the raffle we're going to have two awesome custom guns. Frerking Custom Works in Nebraska is donating a custom race AR worth over $2500.00 and Scott Springer at Springer Precision is donating the custom work to trick out one of the XD's Springfield is giving us. We may add one or two items to sweeten the deal, but it seems pretty sweet to me now.

We're still working on the side match. But we will have prizes, including three guns, for the fastest shooters, as well as other great giveaways for the folks who can't keep up with Taran Butler. The side match will be using sponsor provided guns and ammunition will be provided. We may also have something where you can use your own gun but we're working on that. Shouldn't be more than 25 or so extra rounds either way. The sponsors for the side match are: Lone Wolf Distributing, CZ-USA, Smith & Wesson and R and R Racing.

More info to come on the side match, but it will probably be a lot closer to the event, like a week or two out.

Just a quick update on the match. We are now over $100,000.00 in sponsorship for the match. We're still getting more and more sponsors so I expect this number to go up (not a whole lot but a little). I expect the match to fill up. If you've been on the fence about coming, get your application in quick. We've also had a few cancellations and some spots on the other schedules have opened up. If you need or want to switch to a Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun schedule let me know and I'll see what I can do. You don't want to miss this match.

For the raffle we're going to have two awesome custom guns. Frerking Custom Works in Nebraska is donating a custom race AR worth over $2500.00 and Scott Springer at Springer Precision is donating the custom work to trick out one of the XD's Springfield is giving us. We may add one or two items to sweeten the deal, but it seems pretty sweet to me now.

We're still working on the side match. But we will have prizes, including three guns, for the fastest shooters, as well as other great giveaways for the folks who can't keep up with Taran Butler. The side match will be using sponsor provided guns and ammunition will be provided. We may also have something where you can use your own gun but we're working on that. Shouldn't be more than 25 or so extra rounds either way. The sponsors for the side match are: Lone Wolf Distributing, CZ-USA, Smith & Wesson and R and R Racing.

More info to come on the side match, but it will probably be a lot closer to the event, like a week or two out.

Sent an e-mail, would like a Fri/Sat schedule if I can get in. Thanks.

Doug (A55836)

Got the email, and the pm, and the message on the thread. Dude you really want to change. I'll send you back the new info as soon as I get home.

Sorry, :blush: didn't want to miss an opportunity to split it up.

Thanks for change.

Doug

Should we be seeing the squad lists in june sometime?

Yep, probably on the 26th at registration. If you want your specific information please email me and I will send it. We're adding and moving people around on a weekly if not daily basis. I can either keep working on sponsors for the match, or respond to the repeated requests to change folks around. To be honest, I don't have time for both.

Yep, probably on the 26th at registration. If you want your specific information please email me and I will send it. We're adding and moving people around on a weekly if not daily basis. I can either keep working on sponsors for the match, or respond to the repeated requests to change folks around. To be honest, I don't have time for both.

sponsors please! ;) chuck, thanks for all the effort. :D

Edited by dr2e

:roflol::D:goof: GO CHUCK!!!!

Adios,

TG

No worries, Thanks for the new a$$hole though....j/k

Keep up the good work,

I've got a room at Newberg, OR Best Western, $72 w/ triple aaa, or other discount.

It's about 12 miles SW of the match. If anyone wants to carpool, PM me.

Im shooting friday all day, and plan on checking out the McMinnville Air Museum

on Saturday.

TimE

I've got a room at Newberg, OR Best Western, $72 w/ triple aaa, or other discount.

It's about 12 miles SW of the match. If anyone wants to carpool, PM me.

Im shooting friday all day, and plan on checking out the McMinnville Air Museum

on Saturday.

TimE

The McMinnville Air Museum is cool. Spruce Goose! Also other great WWII planes and the SR-71. Go check out Cannon Beach if you haven't been there before.

Questions from a 1st time attendee:

Q1: Is it a lost-brass match?

Q2: Do we have to tape/set targets, or will there be a bunch of boy/girl scouts, FBLA, FFA, 4-H, or young democrats looking to raise money?

Q3: Is the catered lunch included in the match fee?

Q4: How much ammo will I need?

Q5: How does the chrony stage work?

Q6: Who really killed JFK?

Questions from a 1st time attendee:

Q1: Is it a lost-brass match? A1: Typically.

Q2: Do we have to tape/set targets, A2: Yes, typically.

Q3: Is the catered lunch included in the match fee? A3: Not normally, but you normally get a good amount of food.

Q4: How much ammo will I need? A4: I'm bringing 400 rounds. The exact round count required is about 220.

Q5: How does the chrony stage work? A5: Match officials will collect ammo from you at some point in the match. When you are scheduled to chrono, they will already have your one bullet pulled and weighed. Chrono officer shoots 3 rounds from your gun and follows with chrono procedure in rulebook.

Q6: Who really killed JFK? A6: I think it was Abe Lincoln. :ph34r:

Edited by splashdown

What he said. You will be squadded through the chrono as a stage. Stay with your squad and they will get you through it.

The answers above are accurate. Lost brass, you have to work, you have to pay for your own food and the minimum round count is a little over 220 after you figure in chrono ammo.

Chuck

Thanks for the info.

I'm trying to remember where I was when they had paid the local boy scouts to work the range. Maybe it was a charity match, bowling pins?

Oh, and there's no way it was Abe. His hat would be a dead giveaway on the grassy knoll.