Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bud Bond 2007

eerw

Very sad to say that Bud Bond passed away Sunday 10/28/07

in an email from close friends of his.

"He had been at the range most of the day..

he was airlifted to the hospital early Sunday evening and passed later that night."

I have known Bud a long time and he always was great to chat with and spend some time shooting with.

I wish I had been able to get up to his range more.

He and his family are in my family's prayers.

Bud is a great individual...he will be missed..

Edited by eerw

We will be having a memorial service for Bud on Saturday the 3rd. Bud would have wanted "his" steel match to go on, so go on it will. We will scatter his ashes on the range he loved so much. The service will start at approximatly 4:00 pm.

abs

Crap, we liked Bud. Condolences to the family and friends.

I still have a tape of the Handgunner he gave me to get more people to come to that match. That was Bud, always trying to get more people to shoot.

Gesh, I had no idea.

Missed him at the Handgunner this year. He was a awesome individual, so humble, kind and gentle. A perfect example for the rest of us.

Truly, he was one of the best revolver steel shooters in the world.

God belss him and his family.

Bud was a class act, he was one of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet. He really helped focus my interest in revolvers when I lived in Co.My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. Rest in peace Bud. :(:(:(

Scott

Dammit.... :unsure:

I last talked to Bud while I was at the Steel Challenge in August. We were all in the car going for supper after a day at the range and the conversation turned to Bud and that we hadnt seen him yet....

I then called him on the cell and we talked to him for about 15min.....It was a great conversation that we all had with him and we could hear that he wanted to be there, but for what ever reason he said he couldnt do it this year but planned to next. I had gotten worried since he wasnt at the Handgunner and talking to him he sounded just like ole Bud......

I had planned to call him last week to get his opinion on some things...he was good at offering a seasoned opinion when asked..... :rolleyes: I remember the look in his eyes when I handed him my new Short Colt revo and told him to take it home and shoot it a little..... :rolleyes: to see what he thought. I ran a lot of stuff by him before I had it made, and we were correct. He really didnt want to give it back, and of course told me that the only thing he would have done different was to put a smaller diameter barrel on it.....big surprise. I was looking forward to seeing him at the Shot show as well......

His family and friends will be in our prayers tonight and in the days to come.....

I will make a special attempt to make it to "HIS" match next year if it still goes on as I couldnt due to work last year.......

Make sure your friends know that they ARE your friends.......you never know.....

RIP Bud.....

DougC

This is very sad news. On the wall directly above my computer monitor is a picture of me shaking hands with Bud Bond, taken at his ICORE match a couple years back. I read the news and immediately looked a few inches up at the picture....and....well, you know.

Bud was always very kind and considerate of Sam and me. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of Bud's family and friends.

Bud will be sadly missed by Ruth, Me and the Australian contingent that don't normally post on this forum.

I met Bud at my first Steel Challenge in 2000, and have been chasing him ever since. Over the years he has offered tips, food, and best of all his company. I was in the car, that night with Doug when we called Bud. It was like he was still at the match, and that is how I will view the Steel Challenge in the future. It will be like he is still at the match. ;)

Regards to Buds family

Mark

I am saddened by the news of the loss of Bud Bond. My prayers go to his Family and friends. I have known Bud for a good many years. A Class Act. rdd

edited for spelling

Edited by Bubber

It truly is a shame. I only met Bud once, at the steel challenge in 2006 thanks to an into by John. I admired his skill and talent and what a humble, friendly and approachable guy he was. I was looking forward to seeing him again this year. It sounds selfish, but its was too bad for all of us he missed the match. Never pass up an opportunity to talk with someone you admire, you may never get another chance.

My condolences and prayers to his family and friends.

Todd

Richard 'Bud' Bond

Richard "Bud" Bond, 57, of Fort Collins, died Oct. 28, 2007. Bud was born Dec. 5, 1949, in Denver to Richard Ray and Marguerite (Brouse) Bond.

He grew up in the Denver area and graduated from Thomas Jefferson High School in Denver. He lived in the Fort Collins and LaPorte area for the past 20 years.

Bud worked for the Colorado Highway Department for many years. He worked for the city of Fort Collins during the summer as a softball field manager. He belonged to ICOR and was a world champion as an action pistol champion. Guns were a hobby, and he loved playing fast-pitch softball.

Bud is survived by a brother, John Bond (Mary) of Fort Collins; sisters, Kathleen Voss of Littleton, Linda Fondacro of Aurora, and Celia Neal of Lakewood; and many nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his parents.

A memorial service will be at 4 p.m. Saturday at the Weld County Fish & Wildlife High Plains Shooting Range, 38997 Weld County Road 51, Eaton.

Memorials may be sent to Weld County Fish and Wildlife in care of Viegut Funeral Home, 1616 N. Lincoln Ave., Loveland, CO 80538. Cremation has taken place.

Originally published October 31, 2007

Edited by 6-shot

Bud is the one that got me started in shooting. He and I practiced together and put together many matches. When I was going through cancer treatments he was there for me every step of the way. I have never met anyone with more friends than Bud. I am proud to have had Bud as one of my best friends. Everyone at Weld County and the Rocky Mounatin region will miss him. I know I sure do.

Rick Bowen

Just got the news about Bud...what a bummer - Bud was one of the Good Guys - I meet Bud a few years back and was fortunate to spend time with him at the Steel Challenge and at the Big Dawgs match - he was a true gentleman.

My condolences to his family and all his friends.

God Bless.

Paul

John Bond just called to thank me for allowing the forum to host this. From just the few minutes we talked, it was obvious that the warm-hearted sincerity Bud was know for runs in the family. He said over 200 people attended the Memorial Service.

be