Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.22 Conversions and ramped frames?

sasquatch981

I read in the MidwayUSA catalog that the Kimber .22 Conversions are "Not Compatible with ramped barrel", however there is no mention of this fact for the Marvel Conversion, and I have no information on the Tactical Solutions kit.

My Question is: Does anyone know if the Marvels or the Tactical Solutions kits allow the use of a ramped barrel frame, or must I make a dedicated lower? I assume that you guys that run Marvels on S_I's must have ramped barrels, as I have never seen a non-ramped limited pistol. I have a 1911 SingleStack with a ramped barrel, and don't want to spend money on something that won't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also any additional information on the Tactical Soultions kit would be great.

Thanks.

What Phil said-- ramp no problem for Marvel. Come to think of it, neither is it a problem for a modified Ceiner kit, and I thought they made the Kimber kit at one point..

anyway, while I have both of the above, I'd still look hard at the Tactical Solutions version.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a new run for Tactical Solutions...you have to call for the update and any information. Their next run of the 1911 versions of both the single stack and stagered magazine are slated for the January time frame. Of course the magazines are the only difference.

Scott