Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

See-through Holster

Vince Pinto

But it throws a new twist in things for the " holster has to match the belt " crowd.

Seriously, slightly softer than kydex? Might be worth a look. I suppose it would be

coverable with magic marker...

Travis F.

Funny you post that. I shot an IDPA match on Saturday where one of our group had both a clear holster and a clear mag carrier...of course his second mag carrier was hot neon pink.... :wub:

Looks interesting...kind of like the ASP pistols that had the clear grips so you could see the number of rounds remaining in your psitol....

"Seriously, slightly softer than kydex?"

Have been using one of Frank's new "ICE" PETG holsters for a couple of months for a G34 in IDPA.

PETG is not physically softer it just feels that way compared to kydex.

My take on this material from using it is that it is slighly thicker than kydex plus it appears it can not be bent around 180 dereees as tightly as Kydex so it makes the holster thicker.

The best thing about the stuf, IMO, is that it is also noticably slicker than Kydex. Took me quite a while to get used to how fast the gun comes out of the holster.

Can't go so far as to say it's faster than the best designed Kydex but it's a different draw now: no "snap" on release like my previous KyTac Point 5 just a very smooth release once the draw force ovecomes the holsters formed-in retention. {I'm sure a "light" gun like the G34 makes this seem faster as opposed to a full-boat 1911}

So far it hasn't scuffed up or picked up much grit internally compared to the other Kydex stuff I have.

Have a feeling it's going to be kinder on the slide finish or bluing but time will tell........

http://www.cen-dex.com/Cen-Dex%20on%20Ice%...e%20WEBPAGE.htm