Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New to me SVI Infinity

DMS42

I was curious so I tried to look it up in my old log books. It was a 1998 era gun. Doesnt look like I am the one who sold this gun going by what I could make from the serial number. You did get a steal on it. Those deals dont come along to often.

I was curious so I tried to look it up in my old log books. It was a 1998 era gun. Doesnt look like I am the one who sold this gun going by what I could make from the serial number. You did get a steal on it. Those deals dont come along to often.

Thanks Chuck for the build date. Full serial number is 583768 if that helps. There's a couple of things that I don't like about it. One is the wide thumb safety. Just the limited shooting I did today hurt my thumb, so I'll smooth up the offending edge with a fine file. Other thing is the front sight is very narrow and being an old bullseye shooter I like a little less light on the sides of the front sight in the rear sight. Do you have wider front sights?

I think that this is one of those once in a lifetime very good deals that I've always heard about other people getting. I think that with all the gear that came with it that it should have been priced closer to $1500. But at $850 I'm not going to complain.

Wow, good deal. The term "Shoot it like you stole it" comes to mind. :lol:

If you get tired of it, I'll give ya $851 for it.

Thats was a screaming deal - either the gunshop had no idea what they had, it was traded in/sold to them way to cheap, or both. Congrats!

I'll go as high as $853 but thats my final offer :lol:

Nice looking gun ..... looks different from left than it does to the right. Very tricky! B)

The colors kind of run into each other. Red, pea green, aqua blue, green and blue with white scattered throughout. The stippling is nice and rough and actually hurts my fingers when I grip hard.

Doing some practice reloads with it today it felt like I could insert the mags faster and smoother than with the SVI open gun. Same ICE magwells except for the insert. The insert on the open is black where the Infinity is white.

This gun will replace the .45 Para-Ord that I've been using for limited. It's heavier at the muzzle and seems to have less muzzle rise.

I appreciate all the offers to buy, but for now it is not for sale. :devil:

Much to learn about the gun. I talked to Chuck B earlier when ordering some parts and he asked if it had a changeable breechface insert. So I looked and it looks like it does, but I can't find the screw. The firing pin spring is much shorter than the spring on the open gun.

So I looked and it looks like it does, but I can't find the screw. The firing pin spring is much shorter than the spring on the open gun.

The short firing pin is the giveaway - you do have that feature.

The screw is inside the firing pin channel (the firing pin runs through it). Use a T handled 1/8" allen wrench if you wish to remove it.

So I looked and it looks like it does, but I can't find the screw. The firing pin spring is much shorter than the spring on the open gun.

The short firing pin is the giveaway - you do have that feature.

The screw is inside the firing pin channel (the firing pin runs through it). Use a T handled 1/8" allen wrench if you wish to remove it.

Some advice: DO NOT REMOVE THE BREACH FACE...... there is no reason to, even for cleaning.... if its not broke don't fix it. More of the hollow screws that secure the breach face have been screwed up by over tightening the screw, "just checking" to make sure its snug, and/or taking it off for "just giving it a thorough cleaning". Its supposed be at a certain light torque, which requires a torque wrench in inch/pounds. It's really not supposed to be a serviceable part, except for a caliber change, etc. If its not rattling or moving around, just leave it alone. ;)

Edited by sfinney