Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading Benches

Jerome Poiret

I finally got my reloading bench all setup the way I want. Now i am ready to start pounding out the loads. It took some time to get it all figured out how i wanted it setup but I am happy with the outcome.

100_0114.jpg100_0117.jpg100_0115.jpg

VERY, VERY nice setup! I'm jealous!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you post some more info about this setup, I would like to try this myself?

Thanks,

80/20 extrusion used is 1"H X 2"W X 36"L. You can use an end cap which will keep all the t-nuts intact or remove it to slide accessories from the end. Rail cost was about $40 and is available from MSC or directly from 80/20. The bench top was thick enough to allow routing a trough for flush mount, bolts come up from the bottom into t-nuts to secure rail to bench. Mounting plates are 1/2" thick PVC with counter bored holes to recess the bolt heads.

loadbench1.jpg

benchmount4.jpg

benchmount1.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0625.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just installed a new loading bench. Costco has a nice 8 foot x 2 foot laminated wood top work bench. 199.00!

I have a 6 foot x2-6 bench that has a full drawer set under one side. Had this for quie a few years, but kept adding presses and ran out of work space. The new bench is just across the room form the old, and is 3" taller. With the risers and strong mounts I get a full arm extension where the old bench had me having to tilt my body a bit. This should be much more comfortable. Right now I have a 900, a 650 and 2-1050s and a single stage RCBS for loading my 45-70. That may change in the future. With the new set up, I could actually run a second row of presses backed up the front row! Underneath the bench will be a shelf to store m heads and brass on. he bench itself is bolted to the building support column so it should be stable enough.

All I need now is to mount a couple lights and run an outlet over from the old bench to power up the new bench. Should be pleasure to load with this set-p.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, other than curtains and a light over the bench, mine is nearly done. Still have to convert the closet from clothes to gun stuff storage. Overall, I love it. Everything is here, easy to get to, and it's IN 'DA HOUSE!! :cheers:

post-14188-1263151075_thumb.jpgpost-14188-1263151097_thumb.jpgpost-14188-1263151115_thumb.jpgpost-14188-1263151138_thumb.jpgpost-14188-1263151161_thumb.jpg

20MM canon. They are loaded with a saboted round that is much smaller than the case mouth and solid tungsten. Heavy as hell and would have to be machined out of solid stock. The cases are hard to get but the bullet is almost impossible(I have only 1). It has a polymer or hard plastic tip. When you get one of those, it's usually the last thing you ever get, lol.

20MM canon. They are loaded with a saboted round that is much smaller than the case mouth and solid tungsten. Heavy as hell and would have to be machined out of solid stock. The cases are hard to get but the bullet is almost impossible(I have only 1). It has a polymer or hard plastic tip. When you get one of those, it's usually the last thing you ever get, lol.

Thanks.

I have 1 or 2 20mm cases plus 3 25mm for the M242 Bushmaster that's on the Stryker (LAV 3 in Canada).

Here's my bench and reloading kit! Most proud of my Hornady Pro7 progressive. Not because it is the best press, but a friend gave it to me, Hornady did a fabulous job of converting it and I rebuilt and refurbished it. Also, the primer tubes are no longer available for this unit and I designed and had machined an aluminum receiver to accept RCBS primer tubes. It works well!

I really have enjoyed looking at everyone else's set up. Thanks for all of the great ideas!

Cheers,

Kyle

post-21212-1263444217_thumb.jpg

post-21212-1263444229_thumb.jpg

post-21212-1263444238_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yep. who makes them? :blush:

My mind is drawing a blank at the moment. They were MRbullet feeders but I believe the name changed. PM me..tomorrow I will look it up at work as I have the name and ordering info on my work computer.

My mind is drawing a blank at the moment. They were MRbullet feeders but I believe the name changed. PM me..tomorrow I will look it up at work as I have the name and ordering info on my work computer.

KISS bulletfeeders.

KISS bulletfeeders.

Geez....I must be getting old. Such a hard name to remember! :roflol:

Thanks!

KISS bulletfeeders.

Geez....I must be getting old. Such a hard name to remember! :roflol:

Thanks!

Just to clear the air...

Originally they were called the Kiss Bullet feeder, they are now called the MR BulletFeeder at (www.mrbulletfeeder.com). Check with Rick there, he's been awesome to work with!

Alan