Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading Benches

Jerome Poiret

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This truely a great set up. Any more photos of the work bench? What all do you reload? Please attach photos to an e mail to me at urb2165@bellsouth.net

Thanks

Black Jack

My brother Gene and I share the reloading bench. Here's our setup.

post-1467-1135557235_thumb.jpg

post-1467-1135557264_thumb.jpg

post-1467-1135557285_thumb.jpg

Look for an article in an upcoming Front Sight on the tumbler cabinet. It's soundproofed, fan cooled so all 4 tumblers can run at once, and on a timer so that it runs at night and turns off automatically.

Wow !! It took me two days to get to the end of this thread. I am waiting on my XL 650 to arrive and then maybe I can submit some pictures of my reloading bench (MESS).

I wish I had the carpenter skills of some of you folks. :sick:

Shadetree

Welcome to the forum Shadetree and you "did good" on your press selection :cheers:

Wow !! It took me two days to get to the end of this thread. I am waiting on my XL 650 to arrive and then maybe I can submit some pictures of my reloading bench (MESS).

I wish I had the carpenter skills of some of you folks. :sick:

Shadetree

Welcome to the forum Shadetree and you "did good" on your press selection :cheers:

I started on a Lee Turret with great success and then I tryed the Lee Loadmaster route... :sick:

It's now in a box stored away :devil:

Edited by Shadetree Jones

New here, seems to be a great forum.

Here is my bench, made from a steel fire door with pipe legs. I like the idea of the steel top because powder can't get absorbed into it:

IMG_8282Large.jpg

I still need to bolt it to the wall to make it more sturdy. It currently holds the 550b I bought from Brian back in February, and the MEC9000 in 20 ga. for loading skeet rounds. Powder and primer is stored in a flammable liquids locker that I picked up for free.

Missing from the picture is some cabinetry above the bench that I picked up from the local Habitat for Humanity Re-Store.

I will eventually be adding more bench length to have room for another press, gun cleaning supplies, and more cabinetry.

Thanks,

Mike

Edited by CT-Mike

I posted pics of my bench I built earlier. Since then I made some modifications. The Madame says she bets I stop now because it's about to the ceiling..LOL. I added a 4' florescent shop light overhead and a 2' under the shelf I added between the bench and top shelving. The powder measure and Lee Load All II are mounted on boards so I can put them up out of the way when not using them.

post-19727-1254792465_thumb.jpg

post-19727-1254792493_thumb.jpg

post-19727-1254792670_thumb.jpg

Edited by oldreloader