Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Advise Needed On Spc Classifier Match

day5creations

I couldn't figure where to put this question, so here it is.

I have (1) official classifier score on my IPSC Card, and our club is putting on a speacial match this month with (4) classifiers. Since having a "good" or "bad" day will effect my initial ranking greatly, I'm wondering how I should shoot the match?

Do I shoot as fast as possible on the ragged edge, or stay smooth and risk the lower score? My only classifier was CM 99-21 I know that El Presidente is one of them, but forgot the rest. I probably won't have time to practice them, so that makes things a bit harder, but I will be working on my standard practice routine of reloads/draws/splits.

So what say ye? RAGGED EDGE / CONTROLLED

Get your draws and reloads DOWN.

Find out if there are any strong hand/weak hand requirements.

Dry fire six reload six on various targets.

I have done very well on my class. only matches because i don't get classifieritis on the one stage that counts...I just shoot my match.

Good Luck.

SA

Why do anything special at all? If you just relax, leave the pressure at home, and shoot your own game at your current skill level, then the classifiers will be indicative of your current "on demand" performance. If you throw a bunch of hopers and go like mad (we are all guilty of that), then the good classifiers will be an indication of how lucky you got that day and the bad ones will be below your current level. Just my two cents worth.

...If you throw a bunch of hopers and go like mad (we are all guilty of that), ....

That is how my normal game goes. :D

I'm actually starting to "speed up by slowing down" or at least my last match was smoother and faster than any before. I thought it might be worth shooting my fastest for "grade", but think I'll stay at a comfortable pace, and expect a "C" class, and hope for a "B". :)

PS. Thanks for the help guys!

• 4 months later...