Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Exporting pictures from Mav Notebook

Gary1911A1

I have a Mac Notebook which I like much better than anything Windows. I'ld like to post pictures on here and the 1911Forum, but I've been told by a Apple Tech that I can't post pictures directly on a forum from iPhoto. I used PhotoBucket in the past with help from a friend. I have tried to upload pictures to PhotoBucket and when I go to Albums&Update it will say Choose File. When I click on it a box appears listing Network, Desktop, Applications, Documents, Movies, Music and Pictures. I've tried clicking, but I usually get another box with more options. Which do I click on to begin to import pictures to PhotoBucket and where do I go from there?

Any help would be appreciated. I'm retired now and have more time for the internet, but my computer skills are even lower than my shooting ability.

My former friend doesn't return my phone calls. I paid her for her time. Did she want more? She should of said something if she did. I would of been up for it. No pun intended.

I've never used any "photo applications," like iPhoto or Photobucket... but maybe this might help. An easy way to attach an image to a post is to drag the actual image onto the Mac's Desktop. Then when you click "Choose File," select "Desktop" from the drop-down menu, and the pic will be in that window. Then after the pic uploads you can put it back where it was.

be

Exporting pictures from iPhoto

From iPhoto, select the picture(s) that you want to upload.

Select File at the top of the screen and select Export

The Export Photos selection box will show.

Select File Export

In the Format box, select JPG

Select Scale images no larger than: and set the width to 480 the default will preserve the aspect ratio so the height will set automatically.

Hit the Export button and store the image in your Pictures Folder.

When you go to UPLOAD an image into a forum select it from the Pictures Folder.

This process will scale down the image to a realistic size and significantly reduce the file size which is great for those of us that use dial up.

The image below was done this way and shrunk from 3264x2448 1.7Mb to 480x360 and 92kb and still looks ok on the web...

post-293-1192492983.jpg

The problem with Brian's method is that you will end up trying to upload the original image and those files could be huge, far too big to put on a forum, this method lets you control the size of the file much easier.

Edited by BritinUSA

Thanks Brian and BritinUSA, I kept messing with it and came up with a way to upload pictures from iPhoto to PhotoBucket.com by clicking Choose in PhotoBucket which opens a box with many options, but I click on Pictures then to iPhoto Library, then to Data, then to 2007, then whatever title I gave my pictures in iPhoto, then on the IPG I want and the click on Choose and then Upload. I like PhotoBucket although that may have more to due to my having more experience with it. Thanks for the help.