Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PPC Forum

oddjob

I have a Bill Davis (Sacramento, California) PPC gun that I want to sell. Is there a forum like this for PPC shooters? Tried Google, but no luck.

Thanks

B. Piatt suggested I try the PPC forums as I am trying to find a Bianchi open revolver. I couldn't find the forums either

I have a Bill Davis (Sacramento, California) PPC gun that I want to sell. Is there a forum like this for PPC shooters? Tried Google, but no luck.

Thanks

It's called the Revolver Forum. Some of us may be interested there :)

PM the info to me if you would be so kind. PPC is not done much here any more but I have always regretted getting rid of my gear.

Thanks

B. Piatt suggested I try the PPC forums as I am trying to find a Bianchi open revolver. I couldn't find the forums either

What would the specs be for a Bianchi Open revolver?

Edit to add: PPC Forum

Edited by Round_Gun_Shooter

Thanks

What would the specs be for a Bianchi Open revolver?

Edit to add: PPC Forum

A PPC type gun with wings/scopemount/and probably some porting. Autos are taking over Bianchi. I am a revolver freak. I am a regular on the revolver forum here. PPC is never discussed there. My comment under "Bianchi open gun" in the Bianchi forum is that these types of guns rarely turn up in the usual revolver sale sites. I googled PPC forums to no avail.

But, Edit to add: PPC Forum ....Thank you very much

Edited by underlug

Thanks

You may also search NPSC as PPC (Police Pistol Competition) has become National Police Shooting Championships.

BTW do you know for sure it is a BILL DAVIS gun, and not just a Bill Davis "rib" on some other smith's gun?

My recall is the Bill Davis guns came either round or slab barrel. I think they all had an heavy under lug attached to the bottom, and that is where the spring plunger make contact with the pin in the crane to keep the cylinder closed. (other smiths used a ball detent). How many lands and grooves in the barrel? Davis used APEX barrels. This was from the late 1970s- early 1980s. I "think" later Davis guns may have been sleeved barrels that were similar to the way Dan Wesson guns of that era were.

Price? Specs?

MJ

Thanks

You may also search NPSC as PPC (Police Pistol Competition) has become National Police Shooting Championships.

BTW do you know for sure it is a BILL DAVIS gun, and not just a Bill Davis "rib" on some other smith's gun?

My recall is the Bill Davis guns came either round or slab barrel. I think they all had an heavy under lug attached to the bottom, and that is where the spring plunger make contact with the pin in the crane to keep the cylinder closed. (other smiths used a ball detent). How many lands and grooves in the barrel? Davis used APEX barrels. This was from the late 1970s- early 1980s. I "think" later Davis guns may have been sleeved barrels that were similar to the way Dan Wesson guns of that era were.

Price? Specs?

MJ

"Youmay also search NPSC as PPC (Police Pistol Competition) has become National Police Shooting Championships."

more thanks. the sites are not particularly "active" though

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Just for information, I know the 'smith that did those Davis' guns, and yes the first few were done w/ apex barrels, butthe large majority didnt because he bought a large slab of shielen(sp) stock and NO they were not sleeved barrels, they were turned from inch and a half shielen stock, no sleeves there, when john pride came to davis for that run of pistols my friend was the one who built em for him.

• 10 months later...