Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 390 technis? 12 Ga.

Malfunction

I stumbled across this used 390, 1 chip in the wood, finished over. Owner says less than 500 rounds, I had a couple of people who are into clays look at it and they gave their approval.

Asking $1,400.00, so Beretta 390 technis silver finish receiver, 32" barrel, nice wood except for the chip which is not noticeable, chokes, adjustable comb. What do you think of this shotgun for clay sports and what about the price I haven't tried to negotiate yet.

Bill

You can buy a brand new Beretta 391 Teknys for approximately that price. Double check on whether it is a 390 or 391 - 390s have been out of production for a while now. 32" barrels are available but not common - the "standard" barrel length for SC autos is 30" or 28". 32" is normally a Trap length.

I see clean used 391 Sporting Clays in GA for about $800 with factory choke tubes.

Holy crap! You can buy a slightly-used Citori or B686 for *that* price. That's way out of line. :o

FWIW, 390s with synthetic stock cost about $450 new five years ago.

BTW, call Cole Gunsmithing and ask them what they think of adjustable combs, particularly *Beretta's* adjustable comb. I was all excited over an adjustable comb until I started asking around... ;)