Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why not Sig

cuzinvinny

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure it would be. "beat the masses"....someone could read that, go look at actual match results and be a little confused. Looks like the guy beating the masses up there is a CZ shooter (shot the Double Tap with him and he's awfully good).

Yes he is fast. Four division GMs tend to be that fast. ;) I may not be winning any local matches yet, but most of the time I can hold my own against the four Production GMs in the area. My time will come!

mattk

I am definitely watching your progress as I plan on starting Production with a 226 ... maybe I am more determined because most says Glock!

• 2 weeks later...

This thread is relevant for me. I can't shoot a Glock to save my life. They don't fit my hands well and they don't point well for me. I haven't shot production, but want to get started. As of today, I have no production legal bullet launcher (I just sold my Glock a few hours ago).

I'm thinking about getting a Sig P226 or a CZ 75 SPO1 (or maybe both). However, I don't know anyone near me (Phila, PA / Southern NJ) who has either that I could possibly try before buying. I don't want to make the same mistake that I made with the Glock (got one before I really had a chance to try it out --- which is kinda ironic, as I won it at a GSSF match shooting a borrowed G33 (sub-compact .357 Sig), and I had never shot, much less handled, a Glock before then).

I'm thinking about getting a Sig P226 or a CZ 75 SPO1 (or maybe both).

Here's a Sig that would rock in the production class...I've already exceeded my pistol budget for the year or I would be all over it...plz buy it before I start selling plasma. :surprise:

This isn't mine but I KNOW it is sweet with GGI work already done.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=66316

Here's a Sig that would rock in the production class...I've already exceeded my pistol budget for the year or I would be all over it...plz buy it before I start selling plasma. :surprise:

This isn't mine but I KNOW it is sweet with GGI work already done.

It is a nice gun. I knew Bruce back when he was living in PA. Unfortunately, I live in the PRNJ, where is takes 3+ months to get "permission" from the powers-that-be to get a handgun purchase permit. I guess I better get the paperwork started now.

Also, as I mentioned before, I want to 'test fire' the various platforms before I commit to a specific brand, so I don't wind up with a gun that isn't DW-friendly. 1911s are DW-friendly, as are P35s. Glocks are not. I don't know about other brands.

Find a range that rents pistols and do some testing.

+1. Until you start into the M/GM skills accuracy issues ain't the gun. "Grip to shooter fit" and "sights" rule! Consider either a custom grip set or a polymer frame with changeables. The SIG P250, SIG SP2022 (which I'm fixing to sell), and others are available. Find the "perfect fit"; your scores and pleasure level will reflect it.

Leam

I shot both a Beretta and a SIG when I started in IDPA.

For the SIG the thing that I didn't like was where the slide stop lever is located, mostly a training issue but as a 1911 and Glock shooter I like where it is on the Glock and 1911 and didn't want to have to alter my grip. The bore axis and high on the SIG and the trigger reset is WAY too long. This doesn't mean the SIG can't be shot well and fast, quite the contrary. I know a few guys that can shoot these very well.

I shoot a SIGP226 in IDPA, and something I've noticed about SIG is that they never sponsor anything. I see Glock, Springfield, Surefire,Trijicon, Blade-Tech, ect ect ect sponsoring at matches all the time. Never SIG.

Brief follow-up: David Olhasso was kind enough to let me try his Sig 226, CZ 75 SPO1, and S&W MP (thanks David). For me, the SP01 felt the best in my hand - it pointed well, the controls were easy to reach, etc. The trigger on the SPO1 (that Angus Hobdell worked on) was the best by far - the DA to SA was sweet and the SA was very crisp. The trigger on the Sig was good too (EGW worked on it) - the DA to SA wasn't bad and the SA was good too, though I found the reset to be a little longer than the SP01. The S&W felt a little strange holding it. It pointed well for me, though. The one thing that I didn't like about the S&W was the trigger reset was too long - maybe I wasn't used to it. Based on the mini-"shoot out", I'd get an SP01.