What does this image mean to you?

Jake Di Vita

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

We are engaged in anthropomorphism. The cartoon characters are not thinking. They can not think. The cartoonist might think, but the cartoons do not.

But I will play along:

The wolf is both hungry and threatened, by the time of ancient Greece humans had already become a force to be feared not sought as prey. I suspect the wolf, if he is stalking the human, is driven by great hunger, and is therefore already not at the top of his game.

The human is afraid, but he knows what to do with his fear. He recognizes his state of arousal as preparation for fight or flight. He knows he can not out run a wolf, so his options are narrowed to fight.

Ok, he is thinking "fight it shall be" and is observing the wolf and he is maneuvering to achieve an advantage. When the advantage begins to develop he prepared to strike decisively. He uses the terrain, and his weapons, especially his brain to overcome the wolf.

When you are the pond reflecting the moon you are not thoughtless, for you must reflect the moon, but you are in the present. You are the arrow, not the target, nor the outcome, just the arrow.

Success has conscious thought as a component of what was going on. But the thought was focused very narrowly on the situation. The skills employed were subconsciously executed, and recognized consciously as they happened. A plan was formulated, perhaps subconsciously, but formulated and followed.

And for me, it seems that things move slowly when I am in the right state of mind, that I know where I need to go and I am moving with a purpose to get there, even though later it will seem impossible.

A leader of mine told me when the Vietnamese shot him thrice through the face in Hue in 1969 that he saw the brass come out of the SKS; they were about 4 meters apart. He saw the muzzle flash and he thought:"I can not believe this guys is missing me at this range, I need to hurry up" He got his rifle around to bear on this guy. He triggered a five round burst; he counted the shots; he saw the impacts right above the top in his sternum; he watched him fall down and swore that this took at least a minute. (He was actually really living for those 2-5 seconds or so in the present). He survived.

Whether is it driving the car all the way through the crash,

looking for the way out of the deep pool in the bottom of the rapids

slipping and dumping air to put the parachute into the only little clearing for at least a 400 meter radius,

surviving the last 15 seconds of a professional full contact fight round after getting caught and knocked down and going on to win that fight,

taking the knife from an assailant both bigger and stronger as well as serious

adjusting your trajectory while sliding down the shoulder of US 80 straight at a road side sign on two posts at upwards of 70 mph in a motorcycle crash

or [plug in your experiences here]

Surviving them means that you had the right game on at that time, or maybe you were just lucky.

Other than that it is from a movie, what does this image mean to you? It speaks volumes to me. What do you think his state of mind is in that picture and how do you think it would transfer over to shooting?

300_wolf.jpg

The average joke is to be expected, but please if you feel the need to make a joke, post something constructive with it. ;)

Is that a wolf? It looks like a hyena. Either way, it looks like it wouldn't be good eating. I'd say the guy is thinking "you stay away from my kill." The dead antelope is behind him, out of the picture.

If there's no competition for a kill, why would either party be looking to engage? There could be very good reasons, but I can't infer them from the pic. I think a skilled man with a club is a match for a wolf/hyena, but either party would be likely to sustain injuries, and it doesn't look as though there's a hospital or a vet handy.

Other than that it is from a movie, what does this image mean to you? It speaks volumes to me. What do you think his state of mind is in that picture and how do you think it would transfer over to shooting?

300_wolf.jpg

The average joke is to be expected, but please if you feel the need to make a joke, post something constructive with it. ;)

Is that a wolf? It looks like a hyena. Either way, it looks like it wouldn't be good eating. I'd say the guy is thinking "you stay away from my kill." The dead antelope is behind him, out of the picture.

If there's no competition for a kill, why would either party be looking to engage? There could be very good reasons, but I can't infer them from the pic. I think a skilled man with a club is a match for a wolf/hyena, but either party would be likely to sustain injuries, and it doesn't look as though there's a hospital or a vet handy.

300_wolf.jpg

I would add to KNOW your enemy! In this case look at the wolf, what does he look like? Tail down and not up, what does that mean to you? Means to me is that the wolf does not want to be here and he thinks that the man is more dominant. Also look at the wolfs hair, it is up. He his trying to posture and scare the man away so the wolf doesnt have to fight. The man is low and is ready to fight. Know your enemy, be it the enemy that is in front of you or the enemy which is in you. Know what the enemy feeds off of, will it be your weakness or will it feed off someone elses weakness. It is your choice.