Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

fiber optic sight

kimmie

Hi - have tried the fiber optic sight on a friends gun and really like how easy it is to see. I'm thinking about getting one for my S&W 1911DK, .45. My question is, I have factory sights on the gun - standard S&W adjustable rear sights (dove tail). Will I need to put a new rear sight on to match the fiber optic front sight? I don't like the 3 dot configuration.

Thanks

Donna

As long as your rear sight is an adjustable you should have no problem.

Call the guys at Dawson Precision (866) 300-1911.

Their sights are a favorite with USPSA & IDPA shooters. Tell them the model of your gun and they will make sure you get the right sight. There people are VERY good to work with.

Good Luck

Edited by MichiganShootist

Their sights are a favorite with USPSA & IDPA shooters. Tell them the model of your gun and they will make sure you get the right sight. There people are VERY good to work with.

Good Luck

Thanks a lot - I'll call them tomorrow - having tired old eyes is really a pain!!!!!! :angry2:

Donna

Good Luck

:cheers:

Make sure you get extra replacement fiber inserts. I do not know what PF you shoot and how much you shoot but because of my own experiences they tend to brake( fiber insert). Do not worry they are easy to change. Good luck.

RazorRamon

Edited by razorramon

Good Luck

+1 to calling dawson. But before you decide on a set of dawson sights, try out some guns that have the different front sight widths.

I don't know if the rear sight blade only is replaceable, but some birchwood casey sight black will get rid of those white dots on the rear sight. For me, it isn't critical what kind of front sight I have, but anything but a plain black rear blade is confusing.

I don't know if the rear sight blade only is replaceable, but some birchwood casey sight black will get rid of those white dots on the rear sight. For me, it isn't critical what kind of front sight I have, but anything but a plain black rear blade is confusing.

In July, bought DP adjustable REAR sight with green FO rods. I use DP front with red FO rod. WHAT a DIFFERENCE!!! I can now really lever my full-size Kimber, focusing on the front sight like never before. Blurring the target for me seem to occur magically because my old eyes are close-focused on the light provided by the DP combination!

Jim B.

Hi - have tried the fiber optic sight on a friends gun and really like how easy it is to see. I'm thinking about getting one for my S&W 1911DK, .45. My question is, I have factory sights on the gun - standard S&W adjustable rear sights (dove tail). Will I need to put a new rear sight on to match the fiber optic front sight? I don't like the 3 dot configuration.

Thanks

Donna

For my old eyes I like the TruGlo TFO series w/tritium for low light.

Let the guys at Dawson know the original sights and the width of the rear notch-or you can have it widened.

First post!