Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I know it's early, but with Nats having come and gone, I'm looking at scheduling (or at least starting to) my big matches for next year.

I know the Double Tap match (thanks Porter!) is already scheduled at 3/28/8

I also know I can't make A6 as I've got to work the weekend of April 19. :( After meeting Cindy and Beth at Nats I was hoping to get to play in the Cathouse.... but alas, not to be next year.

In addition, I'm thinking of shooting the following matches:

Space City

Arkansas Sectional

New Mexico Sectional

A4

Single Stack Classic/USPSA SS nats

Whatever nats that will be held at USSA (rumor has it that we'll see a flip flop this year and have Open/L10 at Tulsa.... purely unsubstantiated, but that's what folks were saying last week...)

So, does anyone have any information regarding those matches so I can start planning?

Also, if anyone has any advice on "must attend" matches, I would appreciate that as well.

thanks! :cheers:

My list (albeit robust):

SC Sectional*

Area 6*

Area 8*

Area 5

IN Sectional*

PA Sectional*

OH Secional*

KY Sectional??

MI Sectional

Targeting Ed

Summer Blast*

Nationals!!

The * matches were ones that I attended this season, and everyone involved with those did an OUTSTANDING job! Thanks, and I look forward to visiting again in 08.

My list (albeit robust):

SC Sectional*

Area 6*

Area 8*

Area 5

IN Sectional*

PA Sectional*

OH Secional*

KY Sectional??

MI Sectional

Targeting Ed

Summer Blast*

Nationals!!

The * matches were ones that I attended this season, and everyone involved with those did an OUTSTANDING job! Thanks, and I look forward to visiting again in 08.

We are toying with a June 6-8 date at this time. Very tentative. We know when A5 is (two weeks later) and want to wait to be sure we are not in conflict with either of the Nationals before making anything official.

Edited by davidball

My list (albeit robust):

SC Sectional*

Area 6*

Area 8*

Area 5

IN Sectional*

PA Sectional*

OH Secional*

KY Sectional??

MI Sectional

Targeting Ed

Summer Blast*

Nationals!!

I think the Fish is looking for a list of REAL matches ... not the made-up "dry-fire" matches you hold in your garage every night. ;):ph34r::lol:

I think the Fish is looking for a list of REAL matches ... not the made-up "dry-fire" matches you hold in your garage every night. ;):ph34r::lol:

Is that what PB meant when he said he was going to make it to GM - Garage Master!!! :P

I will be shooting most of those matches with ya Catfish. I still dont understand why USPSA would even consider having the Nationals at any other range besides USSA. The facility and the staff are both outstanding and the range is minutes from town. I am going to try the A6 match after shooting with Beth and Cindy this year. It looks like it could be a fun match to make.

Say what you will...I am still undefeated at the daily PBGI (Thats Pharaoh Bender Garage Invitational)

;)

I know it's early, but with Nats having come and gone, I'm looking at scheduling (or at least starting to) my big matches for next year.

Next year is going to be a little compressed. They can't schedule the Nationals until after the USPSA Election (Something to do with the constitution) . So if we are lucky we may hear in early November on those dates.

Also next year is the World shoot in Bali (providing they don't get anymore earthquakes and end up sinking into the sea!) in late August so USPSA tends to have our Nationals before. We may have a whole bunch of matches booked over June and July with conflicts so you may have to pick one or the other.

I'm hoping that doesn't happen since I know there is about 6 or 7 matches I've got penciled in for next year.

Thanks for the info on the SC Sectional. I'll be there. Jack if you guys need RO's, I'm in. I'll be up the road at Ft. Bragg and can just stay the night at Jackson. As I recall y'all's range is pretty close by. Here's what I'm hoping to make this year:

Steel Challenge

Rocky Mountain 3-Gun

SC Sectional

NC Sectional

Virginia Blast

Fort Benning 3-Gun

Area 6 3-Gun

Nebraska Sectional

California Golden Bullet Championships

Nevada State Championships

Crazy Croc Bonzai Ballistic

Northwest 3-Gun

Area 1 & 2

Depending on when they are:

KY Sectional

Space City Challenge

Area 6 3-Gun

Double Tap Championships

Ohio Sectional

Can't believe I forgot the GA State Championships. I gotta visit Roger and Carlos again for taking such awesome care of me in '04!

Rich

Edited by uscbigdawg

+1 for MI sectionals

It will be held at Capitol City Rifle Club (my home club) in 08. We are really excited!!!

EVERYONE should come to that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will I get the same "treatment" that I got at Summer Blast?

;)

They can't schedule the Nationals until after the USPSA Election (Something to do with the constitution)

Interesting rumor, but not entirely true. The President is constrained from entering into a contract which extends past his term of office, without the consent of the Board. So... he can pick a venue, he can make all the decisions, he could certainly bring a contract to the Board and I suspect we'd have no problem approving it in short order. He just can't sign a contract for next year's nationals on his own, unless he knows he'll be in office next year.

Bruce

I believe IPSC set the WS dates at the EHC, though I've not seen them. I know there was some discussion and desire to move them from various quarters.

Assuming the WS is still in Aug, that doesn't leave much time for the USPSA Nationals and Steel Challenge. It could be a busy summer..

I believe IPSC set the WS dates at the EHC, though I've not seen them. I know there was some discussion and desire to move them from various quarters.

Assuming the WS is still in Aug, that doesn't leave much time for the USPSA Nationals and Steel Challenge. It could be a busy summer..

From the draft worldshoot webpage

(Provisional) Schedule of Events

Match Check-In: 11-17 Aug (Mon-Sun) 0900-2100hrs Secretariat

Ammunition Collection: 11-17 Aug (Mon-Sun) 0900-1600hrs Shooting Range

Pre-Match: 13-15 Aug (Wed-Fri) 0730-1700hrs Shooting Range

Equipment Inspection: 13-16 Aug (Wed-Sat) 0730-1700hrs Shooting Range

Opening Ceremony: 16 Aug (Saturday) 1500-1800hrs Governor's Mansion

General Assembly: 17 Aug (Sunday) 0900-1700hrs Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel

Main Match: 18-23 Aug (Mon-Sat) 0730-1700hrs Shooting Range

Shoot Off: 24 Aug (Sunday) 0900-1200hrs Shooting Range

Awards Dinner: 24 Aug (Sunday) 1800-2300hrs Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel

Single stack is always the last weekend in april i'll be there!!

so

Single Stack Classic,

Florida Steel "national" championship

Area 6 Tennative

Area 5 for sure

Area 8 Depending on date

South Carolina section is a very good possiblity

IDPA nats

WV IDPA state match

S&W Winter Nationals hopefully.

TSA Nationals

Maybe the big show steel challenge

Maybe The Bianchi Cup.

I'm sure more will be on my schedule as i would like to shoot some 3 gun matches too.