Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Critique My Open Gun Design!

ledavatar

<_< This is kind of Funny to me - in that I can't imagine a better way to terrorize a gunsmith than by having a bunch of people in the build :mellow:

I am a Remodeling contractor and when a client says " I had some friends over to talk about the plans" :blink:

I end up spending most of the day explaining why what their Friends want is not the same as what the person paying for it and living with it wants & asked for. :wacko:

Not too much help for you with your gun, But you are the one that is going to be living with it, Get what you want.

Interesting stuff.

Here's another question. In the picture below, I see that the compensator looks pressed onto the barrel - is that right? Also, the top of the hybrid barrel rib is the same color as the compensator and the barrel below is gold. My question is, where does the barrel end and the compensator begin? It looks like it's all one piece. I specified that I want the entire barrel gold, including the barrel rib, so I don't know how that will look in relationship to the compensator (as in, where does the gold color end?).

36.jpg

The comp in nitogen shrunk onto the barrel. The gun in the picture is the origional IMM port design. This is the exact one I have except mine is blued. The comp blends so well to the barrel it's hard to tell where one begins and the other ends, but if you look at the pic, just follow the back edge of the comp up and over onto the barrel, it's a straight line the second last chamber of the barrel has the edge of the comp running throught it, and the last barrel chamber is actually in the comp...this design might be a bit different now.

For the record, mine has shot flawlessly. The scope mount (carbon fiber ) is fine. I would add weight to the front. n close targets the gun is awesome, but I do find that for longer targets I'd like the muzzle damped a little, same goes for SH/WH shooting.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the carbon fiber mount to actually be aluminum, with a carbon fiber venier. Anybody???

You are correct. The gun has a pressed on comp and the barrel extends about 3/8 of an inch into the comp. You can order the barrel totally coated in TiN and where the manifold is also gold. The gun in the picture has lines cut in the manifold so it matches the top of the slide.