Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moved to the Moderator Forum:2010 Pan American Shotgun Championship

I'm pulling out early am tomorrow, Wednesday, and heading up that big I-road, going to places I've already been, AGAIN!!

I'm assuming the club house will be manned (or womaned?) by somebody that will be passing out all the information we could possibly need, to be at the appointed place, at the proper time, to "load and make ready"? :D

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do we register at? The Lodge? Rockcastle shooting? The Golf Course? and does anyone know where the map is for these locations? I did not get a packet for the match probably because one of my kids got the mail that day, so I am missing a few details.

The lodge, registration, etc is at coordinates 37.09575 -86.07533 You can plug the coordinates into various mapping programs.

Thanks! I don't see any Modfied shooters on the competitor list any longer. Does that mean the division is not being recognized?

Correct. and Trapr and Kurt said to remind you to wear pink shoelaces.smile.gif

Where do we register at? The Lodge? Rockcastle shooting? The Golf Course? and does anyone know where the map is for these locations? I did not get a packet for the match probably because one of my kids got the mail that day, so I am missing a few details.

The lodge, registration, etc is at coordinates 37.09575 -86.07533 You can plug the coordinates into various mapping programs.

thanks

Early feedback suggests competitors are really enjoying the match so far. For many, shooting stages like these and in this environment is a new experience.

Some stages are biting competitors. Some easy looking stages haven't proved so simple in the shooting.

It's difficult to call the first day, especially because people are shooting different blocks of stages, but Kurt Miller (US), Roberto Vezzoli (IT), Robert Romero (US) and Mike Darby (UK) jump out from the stage results as being right up there. Still a long way to go.

I'm shooting like a moron. A pathetic and disappointing performance.

10 down 20 to go. Big slug day tomorrow. Remington slugs seems to be dropping 15-18 inches and perhaps 6 inches right at 90 yards. Far from ideal.

Very humid. Hot. Heavy rain shower today.

Hey, any of you guys from overseas-if you are into trading shirts, bring some larges and we can see if it works. When I played basketball and AAU baseball, we would often trade shirts with opponents, especially in playoffs or tournament games. Only shirts you have duplicates of or will be getting new ones. I have an Ohio US IPSC 2009 large Techwear that I have 2 of, and I have my own black Techwear with Miami Vice blue-green and Atlanta Arms Ammo logo. I really like some of the club shirts I have seen from Argentina, Italy, and Germany. I know there are probably some flashy shirts in England too. I mean Mick and Elton didn't come from nowhere. Really looking forward to this match.

Hi

I brought about 10 or so shirts with me (XL) that I'm happy to give away to anyone who wants some. These go back to include World Shoot 10 and more recently Indonesia 2004, ESC06 and ESC09 plus a couple of UKPSA shirts. I've worn a couple this week to cut down on my luggage so they'll need a wash but otherwise all in good condition and a couple of them are unworn.

I'm with squad 9 if any of you want to make yourselves known.

Remington slugs seems to be dropping 15-18 inches and perhaps 6 inches right at 90 yards. Far from ideal.

That's odd. My Rem slugs are dead on out to 50+ yards. What lot # are yours? :D

Great match thus far!!!

I gotta give a big round of applause to Linda on the stats! This was the first time I have had the pleasure of shooting one of the matches she was working. I definitely wasn't looking for the states from day one but the scorescwere posted within a few hours of us leaving the range.

Edited by jtischauser

Remington slugs seems to be dropping 15-18 inches and perhaps 6 inches right at 90 yards. Far from ideal.

That's odd. My Rem slugs are dead on out to 50+ yards. What lot # are yours? :D

I'm using Remington Slugger Managed Recoil Slugs. I know a couple of the other Brits are experiencing similar performance issues.

Guns = Remy 1187 (me) and Remy 1100 the other guys. Bead sights only.

We usually shoot S & B slugs back home.

Sorry! Don't have any near me right now so can't quote the batch #.

Hey everyone...hope things are going well at the Pan Am. Just wanted to say thanks to Lew Walker for all his help with the stage set up. We set stages up Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Also a big thank you goes out to Ben and Jeff C. for their help in getting many of the stages preset on the golf course.

I hope everyone enjoys the stages and they are not that difficult. Let me know what you think of them after your shooting. I am curious to see if they live up to your expectations.

Larry

Great match thus far!!!

I gotta give a big round of applause to Linda on the stats!  This was the first time I have had the pleasure of shooting one of the matches she was working.  I definitely wasn't looking for the states from day one but the scorescwere posted within a few hours of us leaving the range.

I'll take creadit for the general match organization, but I have not done a thing in stats. Chief Statistician is Julie Goodfellow from IPSC Canada. She can literally run circles around me in stats, and that is the main reason she is the second match official I called when I agreed to do this match (Larry Houck was the first person I called). And she is also up beat and friendly. Her husband Al is one of our IROA stage RO's.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 IPSC Pan American Shotgun Match

Co-Match Director

I have been trying to post on the match website without success. Match Stage Results so far:

Shotgun Open.htm

Shotgun Standard.htm

Shotgun Manual Std.htm

Match Results so far:

Shotgun Finals Open.htm

Shotgun Finals Standard.htm

Shotgun Finals Manual Std.htm

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 IPSC Pan American Shotgun Match

Co-Match Director

Finally! Right after this post, I was able to upload results to: http://www.panamericanshotgun.org/Results.html

Edited by LChico

What a great match!

I went with an attitude that it will be a great learning match but came away with some fantastic fun and shot with a fun squad!

Little confusion with spun targets and how to score, but all in all great officials and the 4H kids reset almost all targets!

I can't thank Linda Chico enough as well as all the other behind the wall help she had! Scores were up fast.

Free lunch and dinners for all days (Thank you NRA, NSSF, Sabre Defence) and the weather was kept at bay for the

most part.

Just like the Blue Ridge Mt 3 Gun, the Rock Castle Shooting Center was the best host that one could ask for. My hat is off to the whole staff.

We are on the way to Rocky Mt. to shoot come Tuesday morning with the RO's. Only 19 hours!

RLTW,

Scott

Fantastic match!!

Those of you who decided to sit this one out missed a great match!

Rockcastle..........well.........IT ROCKS!!

Great natural terrain stages, short, medium, long, tight no-shoots, flying clays, empty gun starts... it was all a blast!

R.O.'s and competitors from around the world, all of them were great people.

Squad 5, definitely a super squad, super--hard working, funny, helpful and fast! Thanks- Ben F.,Chris S., Mike D., Kurt M., Rob R., Ty G., Carl C., Taran B., Bill N., you guys were all an absolute blast!

A huge thanks to Linda and crew, Nick, Nate, Ben, Billy and the rest of the Rockcastle staff.

GO TEAM ROCKCASTLE!