Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

This 550 Tips Thread

I'm trying to recover the 550 tips and tricks. There's over 600 threads in the old archive for that forum. I usually find missing threads by reading the directory file for that forum, which in this case was wiped clean. Ahhh! But wait, I still have a backup I saved from 02.01, and in it was what appeared to be a fairly intact directory file. But, when I did a find for the thread's title using "550" it only returned two threads, neither of which is the tricks/tips thread. Sadness. Upon further investigation there's quite a few threads that are missing in that forum, so they only way I'm going to be able to recover it is by opening the threads one at a time. To help me narrow it down - does anyone remember the exact title of that thread? And approximately, considering that forum's "life," when was it started?

be

Using some clever guesswork, I found the bastard in less than 20 tries. (It's directory was wiped clean as well.)

It's a wopper though, but I'll get it up as soon as I get all the cgi script out of the text.

And then you might want to pretty it up, Erik.

be

:o