Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Having to quit

Heavy Metal Only

Just when I'm starting to get into an awsome/fun sport. Bad luck strikes. Constrution slows and work stops and people are cuttin' throte for a job that did'nt pay to begin with. I hope it all turns around so I can get back in the game. Thanks for all the good times and I hope to see you all in the near future. My family simply has to come first. :angry:

Sorry to hear it, HMO. But nothing says you can't hang out here with us....

+1

I am very sorry to hear about your troubles. When I lost my job, going to the range went out the door, but I was still able to hang on to my Production rig and dryfire my ass off for free.

Make the best of your time...I'm sure things will get you back in the mix shortly!

Just when I'm starting to get into an awsome/fun sport. Bad luck strikes. Constrution slows and work stops and people are cuttin' throte for a job that did'nt pay to begin with. I hope it all turns around so I can get back in the game. Thanks for all the good times and I hope to see you all in the near future. My family simply has to come first. :angry:

Hey Josh...don't get bummed out, just take care of business...family is always first!

Keep posting here so we can keep track of you.

Remember, Jim and I took 17 years to iron-out family issues.

You can do it... :)

Man, that sucks!!!

I am doing the same thing my friend. I am about to list all my guns for sale so I can buy a second vehicle for my new job next month. I work in the sheetrock/drywall business and our business has gone so far down the tubes, I don't see the company coming out of it. I hope it does come out because the owner is a good friend of mine and he has a family to support as well. I am getting out of the construction business altogether and going back into food industry. I will be back in it in a year or so (hopefully sooner) but I have the family to look after first.

Take care,

Michael

For those in the construction industry.....

We can use you in Louisiana. As you well know Katrina did a number on us. We are rebuilding but right now there is a labor shortage in the construction industry. Even before Katrina if you needed a contractor you had to wait in line. Now, forget it. I did my last three repair jobs on my roof myself. Only because I wasn't willing to wait at least 3 months for someone to come out. My electrical contractor I had to do a job blew me off months ago. I'm going to do that job myself also. You get the idea. Even the old thing of finding someone to do an odd job for cash and beer isn't working anymore. They can work all the OT they want and don't need my chump change.

I don't have any contacts in the construction industry. My gig is oil and gas transportation support. But if the ads on the radio are any indicaton if you can swing a hammer and hit a nail two out of three times your hired.

For the shooting side. If you have the inclination you can hit some IPSC style shooting 4 out of 7 days a week. And a USPSA match is within an hour drive every weekend. 3-gun is a bit weak but we're slowly getting some interest up. Teal season starts Saturday and I have a feeling that a good number of people are going to be 'sick' on Friday. There's a NRA Highpower group that practices at a 300 yd range a couple times a month. If you fish half the state is water so wetting a hook isn't a problem.

Worth looking into guys.

Hang in there,it will get better.I have been there and it sucks.Construction is a up and down business.It will be booming in one part of the country and stale in another.Luckily it is booming here where I live.

A co-worker of mine once observed that "losing a job can be the best thing that ever happened to you." It knocks you out of your comfort zone and makes you begin again. Attachment to things eventually causes pain. I'm sorry for everyone's pain right now.

I invite you to consider coming to Wyoming. As far as personal freedom goes, I've never seen anyplace like it. It's big boy rules and you make it or go bust on your own. Right now we are so short of workers, that anyone who can pass a piss test and fog a mirror can get a job making $50K. I'm not kidding. PM me you you want details. PS, there is a major housing shortage.

wow I'm supprised @ who much you guys care. Thanks for the offers in LA. and WY. but after 15 years of dedicated Drywall, I really don't have much to show for it. I'm going to get my life together and make a major change. I'm only 33 and with 20 more years of work ahead of me I will find something to do with my life. I don't want to have to hurt my fellow man for work as I know he has a family to feed as well. Sam has a good point about getting out of my comfort zone. I'm going to get my GED and do something good with my life. Thank you all for your support. I will survive. You will see me again!

Josh,

I've been in and out of work for 3 years now. Had to sell two guns to make RM3G.

Guy stopped by the house today and offered me a job.

Life is good. What goes around comes around. You'll pull it off and you'll be back shooting with us before you know it.

Luck,

Mike

I hate to hear it but know how it feels.

I've been out of work for several months now, watching the savings disappear. Can still practice because I always have something like 50K rounds loaded. Worse case I'd have to switch to my L-10 .45 for 20K rounds.

Of course THEN I have a heart attack which has put a damper on practice :( Hoping to finally get out Sunday to shoot.

Hope it all works out for you.

wow I'm supprised @ who much you guys care. Thanks for the offers in LA. and WY. but after 15 years of dedicated Drywall, I really don't have much to show for it. I'm going to get my life together and make a major change. I'm only 33 and with 20 more years of work ahead of me I will find something to do with my life. I don't want to have to hurt my fellow man for work as I know he has a family to feed as well. Sam has a good point about getting out of my comfort zone. I'm going to get my GED and do something good with my life. Thank you all for your support. I will survive. You will see me again!

Hang in there man. You can do it. Getting the GED is a good idea.

The good book says "it came to pass"... it doesn't say "it came to stay." Keep trying and never give up... it will get better!