Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why Are Most Folks A Types

Looking the results of the Ohio match and the question struck me, why are there not more TY or FY members? I can understand someone new wanting to try it out for a year or two, but isn't the longer membership cheaper?

Just wondering

Bruce

A53030

I do believe a TY is in my future however.

If I'd known I would still be in this sport (joined in Jan 1986) I would have saved a lot with a life membership.

But being cheap, I always went the "A" route. This past renewal I splurged and went the "TY" route for no really good reason. At my age I question if I should buy green bananas or not.

Bill

A3880

Edited by Flatland Shooter

Because I have shot one USPSA match in the last 2 years and I keep asking myself why keep the membership.What with the rise in gas prices and no local clubs shooting USPSA, I may shoot one big match a year and the remainder of the time shoot IDPA or a unsanctioned match.

Once I decided I was going to be in this sport for awhile I went for the Lifer number. I hate annual renewal type things so I tend to go for the Life membership whenever possible. I also figure that, like everything else, the cost of an annual will go up again one of these days making the inevitable payoff for a life membership will happen that much sooner.

But, if I had one of those mondo cool really low numbers I'd keep it too.

I will never join anything for life. I feel a life membership gives away the miniscule leverage I have with an organization.

There are many things I don't like about USPSA and these things indicate the BOD and President don't have the same understanding I do about how the sport should be managed and promoted, and I'll stop with the details on that note before I do something that gets the thread locked.

With a number like A446....why would I want a different one?? :P

Dan,

so if you went for a 3 year membership, wouldn't your number just read TY446? Or will they just give you a new number and tack on the "TY"?

I'm in the process of getting my L number. I e-mailed HQ and asked if i could get L7777. Thye said the computer generates the numbers and we're way far from L7777 :( . I tried. :P Oh well. New number for me when its all said and done.

With a number like A446....why would I want a different one?? :P

Dan,

so if you went for a 3 year membership, wouldn't your number just read TY446? Or will they just give you a new number and tack on the "TY"?

I'm in the process of getting my L number. I e-mailed HQ and asked if i could get L7777. Thye said the computer generates the numbers and we're way far from L7777 :( . I tried. :P Oh well. New number for me when its all said and done.

I think they do....but, why gamble?

Bought a life membership to a fitness club once... They filed bankruptcy the same year and went out of business <_<

And when you reach a certain age, and you do the math, a life membership just doesn't compute. So I went from an "A" to "FY" and they gave me the same number.

DonT

I will never join anything for life. I feel a life membership gives away the miniscule leverage I have with an organization.

There are many things I don't like about USPSA and these things indicate the BOD and President don't have the same understanding I do about how the sport should be managed and promoted, and I'll stop with the details on that note before I do something that gets the thread locked.

Have you been as forthcoming to your Section Coordinator & Area Director about the right way to manage & promote USPSA as you have to the members of this forum?

Have you been as forthcoming to your Section Coordinator & Area Director about the right way to manage & promote USPSA as you have to the members of this forum?

my sentiments as well. Fix it from within, not from without

FWIW I'm like several of the posters. Although I have a TY number, a L number wouldn't necessarily pay for itself.

dj

Jerry,

I don't want to be confrontational, but the A6 Director position was up for election this year and if you feel that strongly about how things should be done, why didn't you run?

I'm an A because were I am currently stationed it is the only game in town, It will also be my last A or anything else As I will be going home and be able to shoot IDPA and TSA matches. I really dont like the way USPSA is scored, accuracy is irrelevant speed is everything, I like the equipment rules or actually lack thereof and I like the freestlyle just shootem stages.