Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

If practical pistol didn't exist...

:surprise: terrible though!!!

But, I'd shoot more sporting clays and take a real close look at long range rifle shooting. Something about MOR that fascinates me.

Jim

Edited by JimmyM

I'm afraid that Merlin and Benny have pretty much hit the nail on the head. When practical shooting goes it will be because our guns are going/gone. At that time you will probably have to start getting ready for the criminals to run amuk or the first armed invasion of the US.

Either way, you need to have a plan.

Long range rifle would become a popular diversion....if we still had rifles :surprise:

JMHO

dj

The guvment cannot/will not protect you.

I edited the question to better reflect my inquiry. Sorry the original had a political odor ;) to it. Not intended. I'm interested in knowing what if any sport shooting you would participate in to "fill the gap". Again, I apologize for the first attempt. I'll try not posting when I'm half asleep.

Jim

We lost handguns in the UK back in 98 and our IPSC competition circuit now revolves around IPSC Shotgun. Having said that we have always had a separate competition circuit and gradings for SG.

Some UKPSA members dropped out, some took up clay shooting, some AirSoft.

We are seeing some growth at the present and we're seeing some mimicking of the HG disciplines being adopted for shooting with shotguns using slugs.

There are more IPSC Shotgun matches at home and elsewhere internationally than I can possibly get to. I'm still having fun. Big time.

The important thing is to never give up. Never give in. That's what the antis want. Don't let them win.

And, for me and many others, it's not just about pulling the trigger. The people are special too.