Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

If you could only have 1 hand gun for sport and self defense

Today must be the day for what if questions. I was thinking about this at work today and was curious with all of the s-i and 1911 fans here if you could only have one hand gun for selfdefense, home, carry and for competition what would it be. I know this topic is close to other's that were asked today but I really want to know if you could only have one what would it be. :angry2:

I've thought long and hard about it and much as I like my 1911's and cz's if I could only have one I would have to pick a glock 23 with night sights.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd stick with my Para P-16 Limited gun, but could live with my wife's G35 Limited gun as well. I could also have fun and be well served by my Kimber .45 L-10 gun as well, but I like Limited guns better.

Mine would have to be a XD 40 4" with Heinie Night Sights, too bad I don't own one <_<

I do have a 4" 9mm w/Heinies and a 5" 40 for competition so I'm damn close!

It's just an accurate, easy to shoot and reliable pistol. The M&P would be a close second but I haven't had the pleasure of torture testing one of those....

For 4 years all I had was a Springfield 1911. It had the STI adjustable novak cut sight and a dawson FO front sight on it. It served me well, just a bit heavy for CCW but it worked and I made "B" class in L-10 with it out of a Fobus holster and mag pouches.

However if I had to pick a single pistola now, I think it would be a S_I short dustcover "Eagle" type gun. Possibly with the aluminum frame.

It would be a H&K P7M10 for me. P7s were known to be used during early years of IPSC and with night sigths it would be an ideal carry/home defense gun. Should be perfect for Production.

Edited by norbs007

I shoot a 5" Springer Loaded 1911 .45 in Single Stack

I happen to carry that same weapon already.

Like Merlin's Texas Ranger said to the reporter who asked why is carried a .45, he said, "Because they don't make a .46".

NUF SAID

Like Merlin's Texas Ranger said to the reporter who asked why is carried a .45, he said, "Because they don't make a .46".

NUF SAID

:surprise: Guncrafter industries does make a 50 though :ph34r:

Edited by shadetree

NUF SAID

:surprise: Guncrafter industries does make a 50 though :ph34r:

Braggert :angry2:

I'd move back to the United States and keep my STI for competition and my Glock 22 for Home Defense Carry! :goof:

But, if limited to one, I'd have to go with my G22 and shoot Production/Minor, very soft. Quick mag/ammo change and I'm carrying.

If I could only have one gun? Hmmm let's see that would mean the world has gone to crap or I live in California (same thing ;) ). I think I would have to go with my ar-15. Only drawback is getting it in the IWB holster.

Ya, ya, a pistola... 10mm witness limited.